Ipod & Factory Speaker help 02 LS sport Help please

jgscott

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Can LS owners that are experienced, help me please. I have a 02 LS Sport V8 that I have had for 9 years. I have serviced the car well and had very few problems with it. At 120k I have a problem with the Alpine (NON NAVI) in dash 6 disk CD changer. Reading "ERROR" w/ CD's. I saw post here and tryed the fuse pulling trick. Pulled the # 18, 25 and 4 fuse with no luck fixing it, or it resetting.

I have a Gen 1 Ipod nano I want to use. So not being to up on these things I have a few questions:

1. What is the best sounding ( for the Money !) adapter for a Ipod Nano 1st gen that will PLAY and CHARGE, and sound good?
2. Is there a Good source to get a replacement Factory unit that is not to high in price ??

3. I refuse to change the factory head unit type. So.. is there a sure shot front speaker replacement that fit and sound better without major surgery that will improve the sound quality.

I did search and am not the best in the world at searching but did not really find what I was looking for. Thanks Guys

I have 2 factory decks I would be willing to sell if you wish to buy.
Alpine 6disc deck - $70 + shipping
Alpine tape deck w/ 6disc changer for glove box - $65 + shipping. I do not have the mounting brackets for the disc changer in the glove box though.

Both are in excellent visual and working condition.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369184124.828906.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369184069.542010.jpg

Sorry I can not answer your other questions.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369184069.542010.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369184124.828906.jpg

Ok Thanks. But can anyone vouch for you here, that has been here for a min. You have 3 post and only been here a month or so.

I have 2 factory decks I would be willing to sell if you wish to buy.
Alpine 6disc deck - $70 + shipping
Alpine tape deck w/ 6disc changer for glove box - $65 + shipping. I do not have the mounting brackets for the disc changer in the glove box though.

Both are in excellent visual and working condition.

View attachment 828458724

View attachment 828458723

Sorry I can not answer your other questions.

Ok Thanks. But can anyone vouch for you here, that has been here for a min. You have 3 post and only been here a month or so.

Doubtful anyone can vouch for me, I found this site once I got my LS and wanted to educate myself on it. If you were interested though .. You could always use PayPal for buyer protection purposes.

I was going to throw them both on eBay just figured if offer them to you.

:confused:

Good lord.
I have the '02 Alpine 6 disk unit. All of these changers are highly prone to jamming. Some shops are able to disassemble and fix, at least temporarily. I went after mine and did not have any luck.

I have the PIE FRDN/PC-POD2 and it works perfectly. Looks like it's no longer manufactured, so...... Hm. One of my friends has an old one and may be willing to sell it. It only has firewire charging (not usb 5v), but that is probably fine for 1st gen nano.

Well I'm still looking for that dang Pie FRD03-Aux/s adapter kit for my 06.

Members online

Back