Introducing Dulcina

sloban

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Dulcina--my new Lincoln LS--is finally "done enough" to be seen in public. :) I've updated my photo garage (link in my signature) with some exterior pictures.

Most of the mods are cosmetic. There aren't very many bolt-on performance mods available for the 2006 and stock performance of the 2006 is pretty acceptable anyway.

I did vent the airbox and install a K&N filter for increased airflow. There's no seat-of-the-pants perceptible difference, except for a bit throatier growl under acceleration.

I also put in Eibach Pro-kit springs to drop the center-of-gravity and reduce body sway in corners. The sway with the stock suspension was not bad, I was just looking to tighten it up a little and I think this helped.

I'm still planning on lightly tinting the tail lights. I'll take this on when it stops raining so much here. I'm also thinking about painting (that Dupli-Color Chrome stuff) the coil covers. Not sure about that yet. I'll buy a set and see how they come out before I install them.

That is one nice looking LS.

I have to ask where you got that wing from? That is the exact look I have been going for.

RED LSV8 IN MA said:
That is one nice looking LS.

I have to ask where you got that wing from? That is the exact look I have been going for.

I got it on eBay from SpoilerSmart.com. They have a site at www.spoilersmart.com. Shipping was prompt and the product is good. One thing: they didn't acknowledge the purchase on eBay, payment via Paypal or shipment until I inquired (but it had already shipped when I asked their customer service about it a few days later).

hmmm .. can u explain that? if i buy the new headlamps then I would be able to fit that bumper? the only thing is that it looks like i would have to swap the hood out also.. can some one help me with this? it sounds like it would be a fun lil project I can do myself..

Bangin, you have to change the bracket where the headlights and the bumper go into, from 00-02 to the ones that the newer LSs have. Get new headlights and a bumper and that's all you gonna need. You don't need a new hood, you also gonna need new 03 and up fog lights and the lower black plastic trim that goes under the bumper. The new bumper might come with it though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back