interior light

ZWilson07

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
ive been searching on here but cant seem to find the anaswer. there as only one thread i found but the user hasnt wb. my light that lights up the am fm button is out. i know the bulb is soldered into the board itself but how would i go about fixing this. this is the only thing i have left to fix. thankfully

You've been at this for a while huh. Can't you just soldier in a new bulb?

I haven't pulled apart an LS radio, but the Grand Marquis radio that I fixed used LEDs instead of bulbs for the button illumination. The LEDs were fine, it had some bad solder joints on the PCB that I had to resolder to fix it.

hell yes ive been at this for awhile. im actually going to be selling mine soon just because im going a different route in my life. it is a gorgeous car and i like it but its not the right time in my life to own a car like it. it has been fun though even thru the ls tough times well all seem to experience. but its the only thing i have left to do, its not really a big thing i guess i mean i could go trade it in or sell it and no one would even know until after its already sold but im not really the type of person that wants to do that thing unless absolutely necessary so im trying my best to fix it. the problem is i dont solder or know what im doing to fix it so im looking for some help to figure it out. i myself has had the entire radio apart to take my face plate off and that sucks let me tell you. i def dont want to ever do that again and i even took all my buttons out and put them back in, what a chore. but like i said i like it alot but just not the right time im only 19 and with 2 jobs and college and driving everywere, I need something different. so what do you all think i should put it up to sell for. i own like 8400 on it. its an 03 v8 ceramic white tri coat with like 88,000 miles. its got every option except nav and heated back seats. professional painted interior trim pieces that color code match the ceramic white of the car and i am covering it with the wood grain kit from lsk just so its more buyer friendly but i think its going to look nice with just a touch of the white showing, not to much you know. ive already done the valve cover gaskets and new plugs. and it has a k&n air intake kit from lsk. oh and it has the chrome 17 lse rims on it. like ive said ive not any problems but just the normal valve cover gaskets and plugs and acourse this small button light issue so im just trying to be a nice guy and fix it for whoever the next buyer might be. thanks for the help, Zach.

If you want to fix it you are going to have to get good at soldering real quick. That or replace the entire unit. Owing $8400 on the car isn't good. I think you will be very lucky to get that much for the car. Unless your next car is a real junker I bet you will end up owing more money than you do now no matter what you next car is. Unless you have cash sitting around. But, if you do have cash sitting around, why do you owe $8400 on the LS?

My suggestion is to suck it up and keep the LS. Pay it off and run it into the ground. Once your LS is payed off open a second savings account and continue making car payments, only make the payments by transferring the money into the new account. Hopefully, by the time the LS is truly dead you will be able to pay cash for your next car.

Members online

Back