Interfacing?

ohioLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I am wanted to post a thread asking if anyone at all has ever used and or had problems with Dension USA interfacing systems that intergrate MP3 players into factory radios? See I have a 2000 LS8 Sport and I just recieved my iPod for xmas but I am still a lil worried about purchasing this system to make it useable in the car. Any recomendations would be great. Thanks!

-Scott-

http://densionusa.com/merchant/merc...roduct_Code=I11_FORD_R5&Category_Code=IA_FORD

wow that is slick. I did not know this product was available. I certainly would like to know as well. I will call some car stero shops this weekend.

Wow, thanks for showing off this item!

Butt-head: This is gonna be cool. We're getting paid to score.
Beavis: Yeah yeah, hnh hnh, then we're gonna get a big-screen TV, with *two* remotes! Hnh hnh.
Butt-head: Beavis, this is the greatest day of our lives.

Yeah eL eS, my local stereo installer and good friend who has been in the business for 10 years hasnt heard of them either. To boot he just got back Tuesday night from Vegas where he was attending the Consumer Electronics Show. He said he looked for Dension but they wherent there. So I dont know what to do!? $220 for something that might work is a lot of money. He told me to search around for someone who has used them before.

-Scott-

I will let all you guys know about my findings cause I am all about my iPod in my LS!

Not at CES and they have an iPod accsy that would greatly expand the market into car audio; what the heck were they thinking. I would be a bit hesitant to buy as well considering the wave of popularity the iPod has.

Thanks for the background info.

Lets take a close technical look... here are some issues...

Densionusa.com is registered through tucows.com with no real contact information.... not very professional

Densionusa.com as well as dension.com are completely built of PHP based CMS FREEWARE software.... shouldn't one invest in security for a real company?

Further preliminary investigations, based on my amount of free time at work, shows that Densionusa.com is registered strictly because, Dension itself is in Hungary.

One could argue that they are new and would be introduced via cheap technical saavy-ness (is that a word?) and will improve as they make money... however, this is a technical company selling technical products... why have a non-technical site?

They also seem to sell their own complete auto-headunits.... looks nice at first glance, but then I'm thinking... "Made in Hungary" .....

My vote is NO

hottweelz said:
Lets take a close technical look... here are some issues...

Densionusa.com is registered through tucows.com with no real contact information.... not very professional

Densionusa.com as well as dension.com are completely built of PHP based CMS FREEWARE software.... shouldn't one invest in security for a real company?

Further preliminary investigations, based on my amount of free time at work, shows that Densionusa.com is registered strictly because, Dension itself is in Hungary.

One could argue that they are new and would be introduced via cheap technical saavy-ness (is that a word?) and will improve as they make money... however, this is a technical company selling technical products... why have a non-technical site?

They also seem to sell their own complete auto-headunits.... looks nice at first glance, but then I'm thinking... "Made in Hungary" .....

My vote is NO

Yeah they make a great goolosh. Hungary isn't know for it's technical innovations.

Something I do alot with products is lookup the co. and product on a search engine and look for forums.You can find reviews for almost anything.There is also alot of forums for people who got ripped off or bought a junk product. Just typing in "denison" and "icelink v1.1" together will come up with reviews I'm sure.

Members online

No members online now.
Back