Interesting COP article

I have read that one before (and I do agree that it is very interesting), but I don't know if it's been mentioned on this site before or not.

Maybe I should add it to the, read before posting new threads thread. Or the owners guide.

Interesting article, Short! In my opinion, most shops would not go this far into trying to diagnose the problem. This was an example of a tech that not only wanted to find the real cause of the issue, but understand "why" it was a cause. Again, that's pretty rare in the industry nowadays.

Agreed most shops would send you to the dealer most likely.

Thanks. Interesting read. I am getting into that same fix pretty soon. Wife's LS is dead in the driveway until I can get the cash for parts. No trouble codes that I know of though. Maybe I'm catching it early? Though, I don't have a scanner, and I wish I still had access to my uncles old shop to hook it up and do the work there. Thanks again....mot

Thanks. Interesting read. I am getting into that same fix pretty soon. Wife's LS is dead in the driveway until I can get the cash for parts. No trouble codes that I know of though. Maybe I'm catching it early? Though, I don't have a scanner, and I wish I still had access to my uncles old shop to hook it up and do the work there. Thanks again....mot

What year is your wife's LS and is it V8 or V6?
(Coils for some years are covered for 100K miles.)

It takes a stress test to find marginal coils. It is cheaper to just replace them all.

Members online

No members online now.
Back