Intercooled B Head Supercharger. The one most said couldn't be done!

merkwerke

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Wanting to gauge if there's still any interest interest in supercharging the B Head 4.6. Cannot confirm or deny yet if this will fit under a stock Mk8 hood. That I have taken this to the 3D printing stage hopefully shows my commitment to making this happen. Final review, fitment checks and first working prototype by March. Take a look and tell me what you think. James

B Head SuperCharger IntakeV.2 to 3D print - 5.jpg

B Head SuperCharger IntakeV.2 to 3D print - 6.jpg

DSC_0944.JPG

DSC_0947.JPG

DSC_0948.JPG

DSC_0951.JPG

Cobra-Mk8 SC - 4.JPG

DSC_0349.JPG

DSC_0353.JPG

View attachment 828573427

View attachment 828573428

View attachment 828573429

View attachment 828573430

View attachment 828573431

View attachment 828573432

View attachment 828573433

View attachment 828573434

View attachment 828573435

View attachment 828573436

My Intake - 1.JPG

My Intake - 2.JPG

I’ve been waiting for you... Where have you been all my life?

Please message me with all the details pricing and whatnot.

Dude that looks really nice and alot of good work there in 3D. I aplaude your time and detail put into this. Now don't take any of my next stuff as negative just real world. MK8 guys are a tight wad group and a super small group. This deal just intake will be more money then 99% paid for their cars. Now comes the money to have these parts cast (holy smokes 50K for a core box) Then cnc machining of castings. Holy $$$$. Then if billet holy alum chunks $$$$ Then if made in pieces Tig welding $$$$$. That top cover looks 3 inches thick. Then intercooler core, fittings, hoses, pump, heat exchanger, pulleys and bracket,Alt relocate bracket, belt then supercharger. $$$$$ WOW Did you do any cost pricing to turn this into alum or is the 3D plastic strong enough? I have no input on that stuff. I don't think I would trust plastic intake to bolt a blower onto. Remember I'm not knocking you going on my machinist thoughts. It's super cool.

Last edited:
Dude that looks really nice and alot of good work there in 3D. I aplaude your time and detail put into this. Now don't take any of my next stuff as negative just real world. MK8 guys are a tight wad group and a super small group. This deal just intake will be more money then 99% paid for their cars. Now comes the money to have these parts cast (holy smokes 50K for a core box) Then cnc machining of castings. Holy $$$$. Then if billet holy alum chunks $$$$ Then if made in pieces Tig welding $$$$$. That top cover looks 3 inches thick. Then intercooler core, fittings, hoses, pump, heat exchanger, pulleys and bracket,Alt relocate bracket, belt then supercharger. $$$$$ WOW Did you do any cost pricing to turn this into alum or is the 3D plastic strong enough? I have no input on that stuff. I don't think I would trust plastic intake to bolt a blower onto. Remember I'm not knocking you going on my machinist thoughts. It's super cool.
To be honest it looks like he used the 3d print as a mock up like a template, now once our mark eventually goes from daily driver to and from work to backup car I'd be more than willing to do a supercharger because my wife let's me get away with that kind of stuff lol. But if that isn't a template I wouldn't trust plastic to do that job.

I appreciate your compliments. As for your concerns, I am just a team of one with ideas, some minimal CAD skills and the ability to get things done on NO BUDGET!! I am aware of the cost of EVERYTHING!!! However, I would NEVER have spent the hrs it took just to do the drawings for this if I KNEW I wouldn't make at least one of these. I understand you're not saying "ONE" won't get done and I'm a member of the Merkur community, (talk about cars with no value!) so I am fully versed on "car guys" that won't spend any money. On my retiree budget and with some due diligence I have found a way to make this happen. I chose the B Head because my belief is it's performance potential is misunderstood and, nobody knows me yet. So what better way to make a name for myself than making the "Intercooled" supercharger kit for the engine pretty much EVERYBODY said one couldn't be made for? If it makes the numbers I'm hoping for, word will spread fast and wide. The Starter Kit will come with the intake, intercooler and fittings at the intercooler. My TARGET price (constantly moving), is between USD$2800 AND USD$3200. The price savings to complete the install happens when you do your own shopping for the ancillary parts that come packaged with other kits and you're paying for someone else to do the shopping passing that cost and markup on to you. "IF" you're really a good bargain hunter and use some used or takeoff parts, you can possibly do this for less than $4500.00. I made a tee shirt that reads: "Some Hotrodding Req'd". Kinda like caviar, this ain't for everybody!! But for those the get it I believe the rewards will be some fast affordable cars. James Out

To be honest it looks like he used the 3d print as a mock up like a template, now once our mark eventually goes from daily driver to and from work to backup car I'd be more than willing to do a supercharger because my wife let's me get away with that kind of stuff lol. But if that isn't a template I wouldn't trust plastic to do that job.
This is for mockup and fitment purposes only. Materials that can be 3D printed and handle the underhood conditions of a car are more expensive to print than machining from billet aluminum!! For the record, if you drive a car made in the last 20yrs , it most likely has a "plastic" intake on it!!

A plastic intake doesn't have to put up with heat from a supercharger so adding that made no sense and I was pointing out you made it as a mock up. And with all the exclamation points added are you pissed at me for something that I missed it is difficult to convey tone this way after all, and no I've never owned a car newer than 99.

I appreciate your compliments. As for your concerns, I am just a team of one with ideas, some minimal CAD skills and the ability to get things done on NO BUDGET!! I am aware of the cost of EVERYTHING!!! However, I would NEVER have spent the hrs it took just to do the drawings for this if I KNEW I wouldn't make at least one of these. I understand you're not saying "ONE" won't get done and I'm a member of the Merkur community, (talk about cars with no value!) so I am fully versed on "car guys" that won't spend any money. On my retiree budget and with some due diligence I have found a way to make this happen. I chose the B Head because my belief is it's performance potential is misunderstood and, nobody knows me yet. So what better way to make a name for myself than making the "Intercooled" supercharger kit for the engine pretty much EVERYBODY said one couldn't be made for? If it makes the numbers I'm hoping for, word will spread fast and wide. The Starter Kit will come with the intake, intercooler and fittings at the intercooler. My TARGET price (constantly moving), is between USD$2800 AND USD$3200. The price savings to complete the install happens when you do your own shopping for the ancillary parts that come packaged with other kits and you're paying for someone else to do the shopping passing that cost and markup on to you. "IF" you're really a good bargain hunter and use some used or takeoff parts, you can possibly do this for less than $4500.00. I made a tee shirt that reads: "Some Hotrodding Req'd". Kinda like caviar, this ain't for everybody!! But for those the get it I believe the rewards will be some fast affordable cars. James Out[/QUOTE

Members online

No members online now.
Back