Intake

YOU COPIED OUR ADAPTER? How sad is that! We design and offer a complete bolt-on induction system for industry overlooked vehicles, use S&B a reputable company that has been manufacturing air filters since 1971 to supply a lifetime filter, then we offer the kit at a very reasonable price, and this is what our efforts yield!

True, everyone has the right to reproduce anything that does not have a patent protection, but when it is produced at a price that offers little to no economic compensation for the engineering, material, and labor, you then embark on a path that will eventually undermine a once great nations economy.

But hey, this is America, land of the free...............

Kustomz said:
YOU COPIED OUR ADAPTER? How sad is that! We design and offer a complete bolt-on induction system for industry overlooked vehicles, use S&B a reputable company that has been manufacturing air filters since 1971 to supply a lifetime filter, then we offer the kit at a very reasonable price, and this is what our efforts yield!

True, everyone has the right to reproduce anything that does not have a patent protection, but when it is produced at a price that offers little to no economic compensation for the engineering, material, and labor, you then embark on a path that will eventually undermine a once great nations economy.

Warren, Glad to see you on the site. You've got a great product and look forward to selling it on my website!

I am all for making stuff cheaper and faster. If I had the metal lying around i'd make one.
let know when they are ready
also if anybody is lookin for cone filters I have a guy on ebay that sells "MAC" filters tubing etc... smokin deals
I'm talkin in the 20+/- dollar range
ps MAC filters are rated better in flow than K&N and have lifetime warranties

i was going to try and make one also, it cant be to hard if you have a mill

Kustomz said:

The filter is ok, but this stuff should be cheaper.

lexdiamondz10304 said:
The filter is ok, but this stuff should be cheaper.

Something else everyone needs to consider...without product competition...where would America be? We'd all be driving around in Model T's, talking on a Ma Bell phones and phone lines, using IBM computers...etc..the list goes on and on. Competition is a good thing. Even when the product CAN'T be varied much.

This is exactly why I gutted my air box (see technical articles) and realized a gain similar to any other intake...for a fraction of the cost. Hopefully, I'll have my new exhaust system installed (yet again something I put together) and realize a gain just the same as...if not better...than any other one offered. And again...for a fraction of the cost.

I believe it has been said...by who...I don't know...

"The best ideas are often stolen."

As usual...my $.02.

-Pete
02LSE

I feel bad for "stealing" even though i payed full price for it. I am sure if there were other companies offering it then the price would be 1/2 what you sell it for, for what it is, nearly $50 is a bit unreasonable in my opinion. My ambitions are to create something a bit unique later on, but thats another story.

whatsupadrian said:
I feel bad for "stealing" even though i payed full price for it. I am sure if there were other companies offering it then the price would be 1/2 what you sell it for, for what it is, nearly $50 is a bit unreasonable in my opinion. My ambitions are to create something a bit unique later on, but thats another story.

Free Enterprise. If you can make a part better and cheaper, people will buy it. As a matter of fact, if you can make it worse and cheaper, people will buy it. Look at the money we give China every day. I always try to keep my money as local as possible. If someone in Knoxville has something, I try there first. You are making it in the US, so it's all good.

I made my own for the Mustang, I was just looking for something a little nicer. I haven't really searched around, although I am sure I could find it elsewhere if I need to.

At least if I ever get money to throw in the LS for the looks department, I have GrayGhost just down the road from me. Can't get any more local than that!!

Thanks for thinking of us.

lsbit said:
Free Enterprise. If you can make a part better and cheaper, people will buy it. As a matter of fact, if you can make it worse and cheaper, people will buy it. Look at the money we give China every day. I always try to keep my money as local as possible. If someone in Knoxville has something, I try there first. You are making it in the US, so it's all good.

I made my own for the Mustang, I was just looking for something a little nicer. I haven't really searched around, although I am sure I could find it elsewhere if I need to.

At least if I ever get money to throw in the LS for the looks department, I have GrayGhost just down the road from me. Can't get any more local than that!!

Thanks for thinking of us.
Anytime you need something just shoot me an email. I have my CAI tubes made here locally in Halls. If you buy it....I'll put it in for FREE! :Beer

GrayGhost1 said:
Anytime you need something just shoot me an email. I have my CAI tubes made here locally in Halls. If you buy it....I'll put it in for FREE! :Beer

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.
Back