Intake Manifold Removal

Destineal

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to disconnect the wire harness on the back of the intake manifold? I've removed the 2 nuts that appear to be holding it on, but it doesn't really want to budge. Am I missing something?

It's just a pain to unseat it. It's easier after the second or third time you have done it.

It's just a pain to unseat it. It's easier after the second or third time you have done it.
Well that certainly is disheartening. I really felt like I was giving it the business. Guess I'll try again. Thanks for the help.

As I think back on it, I do recall that there was possibly a third bolt not mentioned in the service manual that had to be removed. Of course, I could just be dreaming this...

As I think back on it, I do recall that there was possibly a third bolt not mentioned in the service manual that had to be removed. Of course, I could just be dreaming this...
I bet its hard to reach too

There is a 10mm nut on a stud that just needs to be loosened and you can pull it up. I used a rag hung wrench and it worked like a champ. I removed and reinstalled it 2 times yesterday

Well I made the mistake of not fixing the car quick enough and now I've forgotten some things. I think there are 3 intake manifold bolts that have additional thread and a nut at the top. I only see one ground wire that I can attach. Am I missing something? Are there others?

Members online

No members online now.
Back