Intake manifold question

Rondeau04

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the forums so hello everyone. Hopefully someone here can help me out.

I own a 2001 lincoln LS V8. Last week I went to start it up and it backfired and seemed to pop a hole in the plastic covering on what I would call the upper intake manifold. It's the same part that attaches to the throttle body.
I'm having a really hard time trying to replace this part. I can't find a part number or an office name for the part anywhere. If someone has any information on where to find this part I'd greatly appreciate it.

The shop said they look a lot of places but the part seems to be deemed obsolete and it is not made any where.

The V8 intake manifold is one piece. There is no upper or lower. It all comes out as one assembly. The part number is XW4Z-9424-AH. The official description is Manifold Assy - Inlet.
They don't make them anymore, and AFAIK there is no new stock.

Your best bet is your local pick-n-pull type junkyards. One from model years 2000 to 2002 V8s will fit.

Make sure that this backfire wasn't caused by the failure of one of your secondary timing chains.

I'm new to the forums so hello everyone. Hopefully someone here can help me out.

I own a 2001 lincoln LS V8. Last week I went to start it up and it backfired and seemed to pop a hole in the plastic covering on what I would call the upper intake manifold. It's the same part that attaches to the throttle body.
I'm having a really hard time trying to replace this part. I can't find a part number or an office name for the part anywhere. If someone has any information on where to find this part I'd greatly appreciate it.

The shop said they look a lot of places but the part seems to be deemed obsolete and it is not made any where.
You can permanetly repair the hole. Go to a marina and buy Marine Tex. Its cannot be destroyed by gas or water, Heat up to 550 degrees. Water pressure above 100 psi.Life span of over 20 years. I have fixed a chevy v8 timing cover with a hole in the very bottom where oil leaked out. Ran the truck for 20 years and the repair held. Had a hole in my power steering tube of a 98 f 150 . Cost to replace entire unit when it was a hole 320.00. The marine tex with some fiberglass cloth smeared into it was warped around the hole. That was last June. Not a drop of p.s fluid leaking. Get some and patch up the hole. Take you 1 hour and less than 20.00. Comes in gray or white and is paintable

Read my post and reply. THe manifold can be made good as new.Bill Boats

Read my post. Marine tex , sold AT MARINAS can fix you problem. What ya got to lose?

Why don't you try what I said?

Really?

Rondeau04 was last seen:
Monday at 8:01 PM
Yes, I got your attention. Marine tex can easily repair the hole . It hardens quickly, I fixed a hole in my p.steering metal line under presure. It can do that it can fix your manifold. Now I have turned you on to a good product , what you got to lose . You can't buy another part.

Yes, I got your attention. Marine tex can easily repair the hole . It hardens quickly, I fixed a hole in my p.steering metal line under presure. It can do that it can fix your manifold. Now I have turned you on to a good product , what you got to lose . You can't buy another part.

You do realize that I am not the original poster. I do not have any intake problems.
I was pointing out that the original poster hasn't been back here since Monday. I think he got my answer to his question and he probably isn't coming back to check again.

You do realize that I am not the original poster. I do not have any intake problems.
I was pointing out that the original poster hasn't been back here since Monday. I think he got my answer to his question and he probably isn't coming back to check again.
Good point

Members online

No members online now.
Back