Insurance?

Isn't Lake Murray known for great Bass fishing?

I apologize to the thread originator in advance....

blk04lse said:
Isn't Lake Murray known for great Bass fishing?

I apologize to the thread originator in advance....

the originator of the thread likes bass fishing!! :)
see, thats me on the right: (mine's bigger, isnt it!!!) :Beer

fish.jpg

23 Male
500/500 deductibles, comprehensive w/roadside
150/mo
State Farm, with multipolicy discount (home owners)
2000 ls, v8
Soon to be married, so it'll go down quite a bit with a marriage/multiline discount

I really get screwed on license, $365/yr

Fordman said:
I live in Fla
To old 49
driving record, clean right now
$500 deductable
I pay $379.00 every 6 months.
USAA Insurance

USAA is the best insurance in the land!!!

MAT88GT said:
23 Male
500/500 deductibles, comprehensive w/roadside
150/mo
State Farm, with multipolicy discount (home owners)
Soon to be married, so it'll go down quite a bit with a marriage/multiline discount
Just wait 'til you're 25. My SHO magically went from ~$120/month to $65/month, with similar coverage (no homeowners at that time). It's amazing; I was paying more for one '92 SHO than I do for a '95 SHO, '99 Explorer, '91 F150 4x4, and a '78 Triumph Spitfire combined--and the SHO and Explorer both have full coverage. Of course, the LS now costs more than the SHO, F150, and Triumph... :)

MAT88GT - "soon to be married" - you still have a chance, run away. Drive as fast as you can. If you get pulled over, just tell the officer you thought he was bring you back.... J/K.... Good Luck...

Yes, Bass fishing, I have had the itch for about a month now... We will have to see what kind of year it will be: plastics, spinners, rattle traps, Rapala Shad Raps or just plain old poppers...

Navy

eL eS said:
I tyhink I dove on lake murray. we were looking for some wwII bombers.

If you can keep a clean drining record in SC you must be a damn good driver or great at eluding the law. Or know some folks in law enforcement.

I was in the Navy also. When and where were you in?

eL eS said:
the female body insectors have accused you of doing something wrong but you haven't j/k. Was your identity stolen?
Nope, someone fuc|< ed up hard on my record. They sent it in wrong or something. I have been arrested once, but the court threw it all away. However, it basically appears that I have 2 UUW charges with no disposition on my record. The cops usually aren't too happy when they run into me.

And Pete 2004 LS V-6:

USAA insurance is for military/DoD.

well I had a 2000 LS sport V6 and was paying 400 every 6 months full coverage, 500 deductable, perfect record here in Cleveland, Ohio with State Farm.
I just traded it for a brand new 2004 LS V6 and still paying the same rate. I have my motorcycle insurance with them as well.

Love State Farm.
Now if I can keep my 04 out of the shop, I will get some pics. grrrr...

The car is insured under my fiancee's name for prices sake.

NJ
She's 23, no tickets or accidents.
USAA
$1500 a year, that's with the discounts for having 4 other cars insured by USAA.

I hate NJ.

Pete 2004 LS V-6 said:
Just lucky on driving record.

Yes there are some B-25s in the lake. The Army Air Corp used one of the islands on the lake for bomber training durning ww-II. They had some Navy divers here a while back and they located one. They are going to bring it up and restore it. It will be on display at Patrriots Point Naval Museum in Charleston. Dolittle,s Raiders that bombed Tokyo not too long after Pearl Harbor trained on the lake. Why were you diving on the lake?

I dove there back in 91-92 and were looking for the bombers. I have dove a lot of rivers and canals in SC looking for fossils. I have found lots there. Civil war uniform pieces, prehistoric teeth, arrows and spear heads.

I was stationed in Charleston Naval Station from 88 to 91. When in port we would dive offshore wrecks and the rivers, lakes and quarries around the state. I moved back to my home state about a year after I got out of the Navy.

dropped74 said:
It is a insurance company that covers only people that are in the military or have been in or have family that have been in. They have the best customer service even better than GEICO IMHO. You should check them out it will be worth your time.
https://www.gc.usaa.com/inet/gas_corp/CpStaticPages?PAGEID=cp_prodsvcs

this will get you started in the right direction!!!

Awesome customer service. It is astounding at how well you are treated.

Fastbird said:
The car is insured under my fiancee's name for prices sake.
NJ
She's 23, no tickets or accidents.
USAA
$1500 a year, that's with the discounts for having 4 other cars insured by USAA.
I hate NJ.
I used to have some friends who were in Joisey (at Rutgers or Princeton, I forget); they always referred to it as Nazi Jersey or "The Police State". I think they escaped a few years ago. :)

I don't know if it's still true (or even if it was then), but in the early '90s, acquaintances in MA told me that, under state law, it was illegal to discriminate on the basis of age or gender, so *everyone* wound up paying the same outrageous insurance rates as single males under 25. Now *that* would truly inhale sharply...

SoonerLS said:
I used to have some friends who were in Joisey (at Rutgers or Princeton, I forget); they always referred to it as Nazi Jersey or "The Police State". I think they escaped a few years ago. :)

I don't know if it's still true (or even if it was then), but in the early '90s, acquaintances in MA told me that, under state law, it was illegal to discriminate on the basis of age or gender, so *everyone* wound up paying the same outrageous insurance rates as single males under 25. Now *that* would truly inhale sharply...

Not true. We have two 93 Trans Am's also, and for me full coverage would be $2400 a year, and for he full coverage is $1100 a year. The part that REALLY kills me is the comprehensive, a coverage that doesn't play into the drivers gender or age at all. Hers is only $400 a year, mine would be $850 a year. I HATE insurance companies.

*Edit* On another note, I like to refer to it as the "Peoples republic of New Jersey."

The Hartford

:dancefool :F :dancefool
41 year old married male
2002 LS V8 and a 2003 Nissan Altima SE 4 cyl (wifes car) and i pay 1300 a year w/ 500 ded. with The Hartford, it includes homeowners policy also. I live in San Antonio. When your close to the border your car insurance is usually higher. I can't complain, it actually went down 120 dollars this year, i must be doing something right.

31 male
01 LIncoln LS V6
Horrible driving record (previous vehicle was turboed)
Progressive - full coverage
Florida
600/6 months 1000 dedutible

21 male ohio
2000 ls v8
3 speeding
1 accident at fault
1 accide not at fault
safeauto full coverage
$500 deductable

$270/mo ... owe the joy of being young

eL eS said:
I dove there back in 91-92 and were looking for the bombers. I have dove a lot of rivers and canals in SC looking for fossils. I have found lots there. Civil war uniform pieces, prehistoric teeth, arrows and spear heads.

I was stationed in Charleston Naval Station from 88 to 91. When in port we would dive offshore wrecks and the rivers, lakes and quarries around the state. I moved back to my home state about a year after I got out of the Navy.

Glad you enjoyed South Carolina. I am a little older than you, I was in 61-64, on the USS Ranger CVA-61. This USAA insurance, can a Vet. get it?

Insurance

This Insurance racket sux, think of this. You should not insure the car you should insure the person. If I own 4 cars I can only drive one of them at a time, so insure me not the damn car. That way whether I am driving my car, your car or what ever I am insured! Just have everyone insured. It sux that I have 2 vehicles that are only driven on the weekends if the weather in nice and I am paying to have then coverted!

I pay 402.00 for 6 months via AAA Motor Club (I live in the Chicago Area Too) 800-677-0777

I have $100,000 / $50,000 Liability;

$50,000 property damage;

$5,000 medical payments per person;

$100,000 / $50,000 Uninsured Motorist;

$100,000 / $50,000 Under insured Motorist;

Comprehensive Insurance with $50 deductible;

Collision Insurance with $1,000 deductible;

Hope this helps
-

Pete 2004 LS V-6 said:
Glad you enjoyed South Carolina. I am a little older than you, I was in 61-64, on the USS Ranger CVA-61. This USAA insurance, can a Vet. get it?

ABSOLUTLY :Beer

Pete 2004 LS V-6 said:
This Insurance racket sux, think of this. You should not insure the car you should insure the person. If I own 4 cars I can only drive one of them at a time, so insure me not the damn car. That way whether I am driving my car, your car or what ever I am insured! Just have everyone insured. It sux that I have 2 vehicles that are only driven on the weekends if the weather in nice and I am paying to have then coverted!

Yes but how bad would it suck if lightning struck the two cars that you were not driving and then you call the insurance company and they "oh I am sorry your insured but your cars are not." Then you are screwed and left with two torched cars!?!?

Members online

No members online now.
Back