Installing Ipod2Car & Need Help!

RequestingFlyBy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I got the Peripheral Ipod2Car for Christmas, and I am trying to install it. I am having trouble with the connectors behind the radio. The instructions are not helpful, and I would like to see if anyone on here can help me before I spend money I don't have to get it installed. I have attached a pic of the connector I am trying to install in place of the cd changer. I understand the one end goes in place of the CD changer. Does the CD changer get plugged into the white? And where do I hook up the ground and power? I have a line out converter hooked up (circuit city) and they spliced into the yellow wire for the remote to the amp (see pic). Is this wire the constant 12V? And where does the ground get tapped into to? I did a search, but it wasn't giving me specifics. Any help (be detailed and graphic please) would be greatly appreciated.

connector.jpg

wires copy.jpg

Is This It?

I came across a post by Quick and I might have an idea. If I tap into the Orange/Black (constant power) and the Black/Green (ground) that should take care of the wiring. I attached a pic of what I am talking about. If I plug in the one end in the radio I am still confused about the white female end. Do I plug the original cd changer plug into this, or leave it empty. Any thoughts or suggestions? Would this work?

wires copy3.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back