Installing aftermarket radion, I have wire questions.

DarkMansLSEV8

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
ok guys Im installing a Jensen single din DVD player in my LS. Im using the Scoche I think its spelled wire harness kit. Now after I install all the cables, I have two extra orange one positive and one negative cables and also some gray positive and negative cables, now what are these cables for? Anyone have a clue if they go somewhere?

Orange is usually for the dimmer. Gray is one of the speakers. If the harness on the radio doesnt have any of those wires tape them off and bundle them into the rest of the harness to prevent them from shorting.

ok today i took the radio out, and theirs these small little screws how the hell do i take'em off, they are so tiny i cant grasp'em with anything, i even tried pliers, is there like a special tool to take'em off?

I just installed an my pioneer head unit in today. I just used a pair of pliers to get those little as nutscrews out. You are talkin about the ones that hold the bracket on to the factory radio. I had to take it off so i cold connect it to the climate control and so when i installed it, it would be bolted on to that bracket and held in its proper place.

yeah im talking about the little screws that hold the bracket together. They are tiny, how have you guys taken those off?

These screws in the picture below are Torx bit screw... i believe T7 but i could be wrong just pick up a set of small torx bits and test which one will work. hope this helps you out somewhat

SYX~us~en~file=A0005721_gif~gen~ref.gif

ok guys i installed eveything but now, my rear subs dont sound, theres no sound coming out of them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back