Installed new alternator

xford

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
The LS was starting to do some odd electrical things at 95k miles on the 2006 and I was hearing a high pitched whine from the engine that was RPM specific and was louder at cold start. Since I had already done coils/plugs recently, and the battery is fairly new, decided to do the alternator. Found a new "old stock" OEM one on e-bay for a fairly good deal Running like a champ now and no other odd issues! Since it was near complete failure any advantage to an overnight battery disconnect to put the PCM in re-learn mode?

Pic of the old one:
IMG_0019.jpg
[/URL
PHP:

But there would be some advantage to putting the battery on a trickle charger to keep the alternator from blowing itself out trying to recharge a depleted battery. Your battery may be new, but if the alternator wasn't charging then the battery would be making up the difference.

But there would be some advantage to putting the battery on a trickle charger to keep the alternator from blowing itself out trying to recharge a depleted battery. Your battery may be new, but if the alternator wasn't charging then the battery would be making up the difference.

a modern car should never be driven with a dead battery... I would be more concerned with any voltage ripple that is not being smoothed out by a good/full battery causing problems with the car.

a modern car should never be driven with a dead battery... I would be more concerned with any voltage ripple that is not being smoothed out by a good/full battery causing problems with the car.

Will do. Did not consider that - thanks

Members online

No members online now.
Back