Installed my system today

Gipp

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I put in 2 MTX 12's.

I also installed a custom cut-off switch that I placed just a little above the gas pedal for easy reaching access. I ran 1 remote wire to my amp, 1 ground wire to my truck, and another wire through the center console to the fuse box on the passenger side. I wrapped the 3rd wire around my "Traction contol" fuse and it now works perfect to be able to turn the system on and off at anytime I'd like!:D

Also I opted to keep the factory radio, so I had to spliss the positive and negitive wires from the back two speakers (which were easily accessible from the truck as they were connected to the factory amp) and connect them to converter (since the factory radio does not have connections for RCA jacks). This has a false reputation for losing bass, but I ran an extra ground wire to make sure the performance was not lost.

Now for the bad. I had this all set up, and it looked GREAT! The system slammed and worked as it should, and the switch I installed worked better then I had thought it would, but the extra ground I ran for RCA converter was not done right, so my car filled with smoke and fried the converter! Good thing they are only $10, Ill try again tomorrow and post pics if anyone is intersted.

Congrats man, tell us how it differs with the old system. And hope that'll be the only converter that gets fried :p

, and another wire through the center console to the fuse box on the passenger side. I wrapped the 3rd wire around my "Traction contol" fuse

Please tell me this is not where you are getting power for the amp from. If it is, remove it as soon as you can, and run at least a 8 (I would run 4) gauge power wire directly from the battery with an in-line fuse. This will keep you from burning the whole car down.

Please tell me this is not where you are getting power for the amp from. If it is, remove it as soon as you can, and run at least a 8 (I would run 4) gauge power wire directly from the battery with an in-line fuse. This will keep you from burning the whole car down.

No no no lol, I ran an 8 gauge power wire and ground wire to the battery with a in-line fuse. The power wire I ran to the fuse box was strictly to control the switch I intalled under the driver side dash so I can completely turn the amp and subs off at any time I want.

Picture 2 and 3 are of the RCA box that I fried... ='[

0221091005.jpg

0221091004a.jpg

0221091004.jpg

0221091003.jpg

0221091002a.jpg

0221091002.jpg

Oh ok, I was hoping that you didn't do that. Something you might consider would be to tap into the wire behind the fuse box for the traction control instead of wrapping it around the fuse. Post up some pics with the subs in there.

Members online

No members online now.
Back