Info on Lincoln concepts?

indust82

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
It has been quite a while since i first saw the lincoln mark X and continental concept....I think it was 02. I was just wondering if the experts (you guys) knew if either were going into production soon. I'm originally a continental guy (now mark8) so i remember it had a v12, 20" rims, suicide doors, and a crazy interior. the markX was also very desirable....there were/are pictures on the internet. :L

anybody?

almost a hundred people viewed this and noone has any info....u slackers :joke I did hear about a zepher (spelling) goin into production in 06.........It looks good too. But i still haven't heard nething official about the mark X (for some reason they are skipping nine) or the new continental

indust82 said:
almost a hundred people viewed this and noone has any info....u slackers :joke I did hear about a zepher (spelling) goin into production in 06.........It looks good too. But i still haven't heard nething official about the mark X (for some reason they are skipping nine) or the new continental

I'd like to see that myself, by the way, I don't know whether you saw my response to your car , but yours , besides mine is the only Mark I've seen with a top, I thot I was the only one, grrrrr, When I find out how to post a pic of it , I'll do it !!!!!!!!

indust82 said:
It has been quite a while since i first saw the lincoln mark X and continental concept....I think it was 02. I was just wondering if the experts (you guys) knew if either were going into production soon. I'm originally a continental guy (now mark8) so i remember it had a v12, 20" rims, suicide doors, and a crazy interior. the markX was also very desirable....there were/are pictures on the internet. :L

the mark has NO plans of going into production, the zeypher is going into production in the jan 06 for the 07 model (thats the last iv heard on the subject of that car), the MARK LT (son of the blackwood)though, will be going into production this year, 07 has the aviator being redesigned to be placed on the mazda 6 platform, and will become a sports wagon instead of a traditional suv (isnt the mazda 6 already a sports wagon???!) as far as i know, (besides little fresheners on current models and the LS becoming a sports coupe, not for sure, but WILL have a sports model) this is it for the future few years. :bow:

As far as rough info and checking out pictures, there is a good site called supercars.net that has quite a few pictures/specs on modern, classic and concept cars.

Here's an idea.

No ... I'm NOT being a smart ass. There are some people that didn't know that Lincoln actually writes there own press and publishes it to thier FLM sites.

Concept cars get potential customers to look at a product at shows. Show rooms let the customers FEEL the product. When a ride is going to mass production ... you will be told and in a BIG way.

Until then ... I like to dream ...

Crap.
I didn't answer Dude's question;
The Mark IX got canned.
The Mark X got canned.
The Navicross (my favorite) got canned.
The dumb yuppie truck and the bulemic Taurus (LS) got sent to the line.

Members online

No members online now.
Back