Info on installing subs while keepin LS HU

Lmoney

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just got my ls about 2 weeks ago and love the 6 disc indash cd player and was wondering what i should do about putting my subs and powering them while keeping the factory Head Unit. Dont' really know what all i need to do! Anything will help.

Hawk03 said:
If you have the audiophile system you do not need to get a line out converter, use the plug in the trunk which is for the factory subs.
It is explained in more detail here:
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=9010

The last post explains it the best if you have the audiophile system. If you have a sport model that doesn't have the audiophile system then you have to use a line out conveter.

this may sound stupid but i don't really know if i have the audiophile or not?!?!

Lmoney said:
this may sound stupid but i don't really know if i have the audiophile or not?!?!

Not a stupid question. Look in the trunk behind the rear diver side seat, there should be a plug adapeter. This plug adapter would fit into a factory amp. Everything should work in the plug. All you would have to do is run a new power wire and cut the plug to get to the speaker wire.

it really depends on the year, I have a 03 sport and it does have the rear speakers. i just finished installing the sups last night and had only one prob, the remote for the amp in the trunk was not working to turn on my amp so i spliced in the the rear window power and it works great now

Members online

No members online now.
Back