indash for the LS

mikes04lincolnls

LVC Member
Reaction score
just put in a kenwood double din.. love it, great headunit, way louder than the factory soundmark radio.. only have one problem when i turn the key on my back two factory subs make a pooping sound.. any ideas on the subject?

photo-41.jpg

Yes. You need to put a 1K ohm or so resistor in series with the connection from the headunit to the factory sub amp. This is a fairly well known issue and has been discussed here a few times.

Some say to use a 5V regulator instead, but the resistor works just as well and is simpler and more reliable. It limits the current that rushes into the factory amp turn on input. The factory amp is expecting a 7V or so signal, but most after-market units put out a 12V signal.

To be clear, connect the turn-on signal from the headunit to one side of the resistor, and the wire to the factory amp to the other side. A 1/4W or higher resistor is good for this. You can get one at Radio Shack. Catalog #: 271-1321 is one example.

nice kenny you got there, but my neck hurts from checking it out!

from the looks, if it is a current model, I would guess that it is either a DDX719 (non nav) or a DNX7190DH (if it has nav built in)?

then again it could even be a DNX9990HD. they all really look alike...

Looks like the non nav model to me? Looks nice in there regardless!

Yea it's the ddx719 non nav. I really didn't want the Nav because I think my iPhone5 has a way better nav system then the kenwood. Also scored a deal on it, 399 bestbuy open boxed. Haha

Yea it's the ddx719 non nav. I really didn't want the Nav because I think my iPhone5 has a way better nav system then the kenwood. Also scored a deal on it, 399 bestbuy open boxed. Haha

The kenwood has the nicest nav I've ever seen lol.

Hell of a price though

Members online

No members online now.
Back