increase shift speed?

MMAFIGHTER121

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to quicken the shifts? I know a lot of people use tunes to increase the pressure, does this quicken them up or just make them "firmer" to give it a sportier feel?

Line pressure increases the firmness, with out a tune you can try this: From Quik LS: "The transmission software "learns" the characteristics of your transmission and adjusts the pressure to try to optimize the shifts. It does not learn driving style, only the time it takes to make a shift. You may be able to make the shift a little closer to optimum with this technique.

First, warm the vehicle. The transmission needs to be above 130F before it will start learning. This will take about 5 miles of city type driving in the warmer months. Once it is warm, do the shift that isn't as you like it. Repeat the shift 5 times and it should be as good as it will get. You need to make each repetition at the same speed. A shift that has learned at 40 MPH will not do anything for a shift at 35 MPH.

Every shift except automatic downshifts will learn. Engagements, such as park to reverse, reverse to drive, etc, can especially benefit from the above technique."

Does this technique relate more to shift points? I was curious if the tune would actually quicken the "lag" or "delay" that takes place between gears when shifting, or just firm up the feel of the shifts, giving it more of a "snap" into a gear feeling.

My tune will firm/quicken the shifts, 2/3 shift will chirp the tires, and trip the traction control under WOT. I have three Torrie tunes, the performance tune is way too firm for daily in town driving, will lunge under light acceleration, is meant for track.

Line pressure increases the firmness, with out a tune you can try this: From Quik LS: "The transmission software "learns" the characteristics of your transmission and adjusts the pressure to try to optimize the shifts. It does not learn driving style, only the time it takes to make a shift. You may be able to make the shift a little closer to optimum with this technique.

First, warm the vehicle. The transmission needs to be above 130F before it will start learning. This will take about 5 miles of city type driving in the warmer months. Once it is warm, do the shift that isn't as you like it. Repeat the shift 5 times and it should be as good as it will get. You need to make each repetition at the same speed. A shift that has learned at 40 MPH will not do anything for a shift at 35 MPH.

Every shift except automatic downshifts will learn. Engagements, such as park to reverse, reverse to drive, etc, can especially benefit from the above technique."

So is this saying you should find the shift you dont like then increase speed till it shifts then slow down till it down shifts again then repeat * 5 until it learns? Or is it saying hold the speed at whatever speed the shift is near and use the manumatic option?

Members online

No members online now.
Back