Inconsistent gauge panel

lilwheezy75

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well whenever i run my car the gauge always shows the tempature because thats what i like to keep track of. Sometime when i turn my car on and off it goes to the coolant level. sometimes it doesnt. Atleast once a day it does it though, but the level for the coolant never moves, it just shows teh coolant gauge and not the temp gauge, when im positive that was the last one showing. Is there a reason for this?

If this is a 88-94 Conti, isn't the temperature and coolant guage the same?

The 2nd one is the oil pressure, not coolant temp. What it sounds like to me is that the dash is picking up no oil pressure and going back to that guage. An easy way to make this happen is if you turn the key to the on position for just a few seconds and do not start it. The dash will pick up no oil pressure and default back to that guage and give you a warning.

some of the DCL problems will cause oil pressure gauge to show no press, or coolant temp to show top 2 and bottom 2 bars... you may have a DCL problem

its not showing no pressure, it just switched between modes. I didnt know if that was a sign for something. It never shows it no pressure its always consistently int he middle. But when i turnt he car off showing the temp gauge it turns back on showing the oil pressure gauge

For that to happen at some point the dash would have to register no oil pressure, but I dunno. I believe the default gauge even after removing the cluster and reinstalling it is the temp. gauge.

Members online

Back