In need of an engine for my LS

MyLSkillinit

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a low priced engine for my 2000 lincoln LS. It's a v8 3.9. I'm thinking about spending that stack but really not trying to. Anybody know where I can get one a bit lower?

Did you try asking in any of the other remaining threads on this forum?

Yes, some of the threads you posted this to (including this one that you started) were appropriate, but others had nothing to do at all with engine replacement or someone having parts available.

Have you tried your local junkyards? Check with the local body shops. They usually know where to get used engines. I think that your cost expectations may be a little low. I'd want to get a 2002 engine, and even then I'd think about replacing the timing chains and tensioners before putting the engine it.

If you are looking for a used engine, you may want to use this site;

http://www.car-part.com/

Make sure to enter you ZIP code. Once the results come up, then click on the "Dist mile" header and it will sort by distance from your ZIP code. Of course once you find a replacement engine, then you will have to have it delivered or pick it up yourself. If you are having a shop do this for you, this is how they will track down a replacement used engine.

You can try eBay or search Craigslist, but unless they happen to be close by, the cost of freight will typically kill the deal.

Can you have your engine rebuilt locally? You can also get a remanufactured engine (more expensive option for sure), but you will know that it has been gone thought and will come with a warranty. Ford even sells remanufactured engines - but the cost and labor for installation may be more than the car is worth.

Hope this helps - GLW the search.

I am considering parting my LS, PM me and we can discuss a price depending on what you need (just the block and heads, etc?)

Members online

Back