in need of advice on how to bleed air out of motor in a 2000 linclon ls

dhavard1985

New LVC Member
Reaction score
talked to a mechanic and he told me that there is a black cap right next to the thermostat housing that u fill with water and then crank car let it run until it reaches normal tempature then shut off open cap and fill with water until air is gone did that and now it not runnning at all making a popping noise like it jumped time wont idle can anyone give me a clue as to how bad i messed this car up and if he was telling the truth or just bsin any advice would be awesome and very helpful thank you and have a great day

I talked to a mechanic about how to bleed the cooling system on my 2000 LS and he told me that there is a black cap right next to the thermostat housing that you fill with water. You then crank the car and let it run until it reaches normal operating temperature, then shut off the engine and open the cap. You fill the with a water/antifreeze mix until all the air is gone. I did that and now the car is not running. Instead it makes a popping noise like it jumped time, and the car wont idle. Can anyone give me a clue as to how badly I messed this car up, and if he was telling the truth or just BSing me. Any advice would be awesome and very helpful. Thank you and have a great day.

Before anyone else says they can't understand your post, I corrected the spelling and grammar.

The first step of troubleshooting is, what has changed? You had to remove parts to get to the cooling system cap, and removing the parts could have knocked something loose. If you have a code reader, post up the codes. A more detailed description of "it's not running" would also help. Your mechanic was not BSing you on how to bleed the cooling system, but it does sound like something was knocked loose in getting at the cooling cap. That cap is also notoriously tight to get off and I can see how you can knock loose a vacuum port or a wire trying to get it off.

Good luck, let us know either what you find or what the codes are.

Members online

No members online now.
Back