In-dash car stereos

dnce0589

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Im having a debate on which one i should get i dont want one that pops out unless u put a cd in u guys have ne suggestions (also in my 2000 ls v6 my cd changer is in the trunk if i get a In-dash car stereos will i still have to put cd's in from the trunk and can i still control the stereo from the steering wheel)

Im having a debate on which one i should get
it al depends on how much your going to spend
i dont want one that pops out
good, no one should!
if i get a In-dash car stereos will i still have to put cd's in from the trunk
nope, that cd changer wont work anymore

EDIT: actually, i didn't think that there was an in trunk CD changer option, just indash and in glove box options, so then if correct, yours must be after market, in which case it should still work the same as long as it doesnt get unhooked (which i sure would remove it)

do you have to put your radio on a certian radio station to listen to the CD changer?

and can i still control the stereo from the steering wheel)
if the radio you buy can accept the adapter (most good ones will) then you have to get the adapter.

Why even bother with cd's?

Its 2012. An ipod can hold so much more music than a 6 cd changer. I have a 32gb i could sell for cheap. LOL. Hell you can play flies off a $10 flash drive.

EDIT: actually, i didn't think that there was an in trunk CD changer option, just indash and in glove box options, so then if correct, yours must be after market, in which case it should still work the same as long as it doesnt get unhooked (which i sure would remove it)

The changer could also be trunk mounted. Mine was.....

do you have to put your radio on a certian radio station to listen to the CD changer?

no i just push the cd button
also can u guys show me urs if u have one. im looking to spent no more than 250 on a radio

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=80808

Here's mine I went with the Pioneer AVH-P3300BT its pretty awesome only downfall is the USB and iPod input is in the front so you cant really hide the wire. But my iPhone works with it. The radio has Pandora programmed into it and also has app mode to support certain apps from the iPhone and maybe the ipod touch. Not too expensive either, good quality sound as well. Do some youtubing on reviews and features that's what I did before I purchased mine. Also bought a bracketron bracket to hold my phone right next to the radio for easy access to control things.

Members online

No members online now.
Back