Il, Soon to be MkVIII Owner

PORTnPOLISH

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all. My name is Dick and I may be getting a good deal on a 96 Mark VIII. The body is crap but it rides nice and runs alright. It has a misfire But is probaly a spark plug. I have always loked these cars but I am a DSMer at heart so I never really messed with them. Well, now this deal pops up and I said why not. It does have some check engine lights flashing up on the dash but every thing else seems okay. It only has 80k on it as well.

Okay well the deal go's like this. I have a 1993 Honda CR250r. It has pretty much a bunch of hp add ons but its a little outdated and Istarted to ride more MX tracks then freestyle so Im looking to get a smaller bike. My freind is in a bind and needs to rid of his mkviii(which Ive always had a soft spot for), and he has a 98 yz125. His bike does need a little bit of TLC and the mk needs a lot of tlc but when you really break it down I am getting a free car. It has a lot of dents and needs to be clean. It has a cheack engine light which Im sure is for the mis-fire it has. I am going to take a look when I get here home and change the plugs and wires, Change the oils etc..... Put 93 in her instead of caseys goat p!55. BTW my soft spot is because a mkviii is the only car I ever had beat me stock for stock that I raced.

I will get some pictures o here later , but I warn you shes been neglected her whole life. I still need a name for her.......

Ill post up some pics later. I am trading my dirt bike for his nwer dirtbike and his badly neglected mkviii. It has a misfire and a CEL. I am betting the cel is from the misfire LOL.

Thanks for all the nice welcomes. I was getting the car with the intent of driving it for a work car but now all the reading I have done on them I feel my self becoming more mature with the luxury sport type car then the DSM's
We'll see what I can do for the appearance but the body it trashed.

DSM FTL!!!
markviii FTW!!!!!!
only thing is its a 96, its a bastard child, its a gen 1 with gen 2~ish electronics and lots of one year only parts but still better than a DSM!

Your northern IL! You are near me lol. I cant say DSM ftl because I am big into them. And as far as these cars vs dsm's you really can compare apples to oranges ya know. I mean Stock to stock they are damn near even. But these have so many more add ons and nice feutures but you also dont see them going 11s in the 1/4 with some simlpe bolt ons. Lincolns going fast with class and keeping you on the road but the DSM will down right haul ass but will be on jackstands for about 85% of its life LOL. What part of northern are you from? I am about an hour from the WI border.

A 1989 to 1999 Mitsubishi eclipse, or eagle talon, or laser. NOTE: that not all years were produced in all models. Powered by the turbo 4G63t turbo engine producing 210 HP from the factory. Available in AWD or FWD platforms. Fastest one now is in the 8's. Many street/ Daily driven in the 10's and many stock turbos in the low 12's. Very fast and fun but they do break a lot. Also being into DSM's kinda makes you familiar with evo's and galant vr4's

My dad has worked there for 20 years and would KILL me if i bought one of those turds, although now that I think about it the SRT isnt much better.

Welcome man,

I am formerly from central Illinois, and will be back in the area on the 8th.

We are having a big get-together on that day in Peoria, at the hooters, Hope to see you there.

My dad has worked there for 20 years and would KILL me if i bought one of those turds, although now that I think about it the SRT isnt much better.
A. DSM Owns srt 4 all day any day
B. Ironically Jeff bushes AWD 1g AKA "the turd" is in the 9's

Worked where? The DSM factory is still open in Normal IL where they were built from 1989 -1995. The plant was not Diamond star motors after 1995.
Welcome man,

I am formerly from central Illinois, and will be back in the area on the 8th.

We are having a big get-together on that day in Peoria, at the hooters, Hope to see you there.
Cool, Ill have to check my schedule at work and see if I can make it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back