Ignition Switch

Blugoat

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 1995 Lincoln Continental. I just finished replacing my air struts on the front of the car with regular springs and struts. And regular springs on the rear of the car. After replacing the front struts I drove the car out of the garage and reversed it, to replace the rear air bags. The vehicle ran fine. After I replaced the rear air bags with springs. The car still ran fine. That evening about 4 hours later. my wife went shopping. She had no problem with the car. But when she backed the car into the driveway. She could not switch the ignition switch off to the point of the ignition being locked. She can pull the key out of the ignition. And also she could not automatically lock all doors with the locking button on the door panel. The doors had to be locked individually by hand. These new struts and springs are from Suncore Industries. Keep in mind I replaced the old air struts with standard struts and springs. I had to disconnect the air lines and the height sensors from each strut and air bag. Other than the problem with the ignition switch and auto door locks. the vehicle is fine. I do believe the 2 problems are related to the ignition switch. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Back