Ignition lock

Antony

LVC Member
Reaction score
2-9-2022..... one week ago I swapped parking places with my truck due to the snow we were going to get, went out the next day to start car and key would not turn ignition switch. flipped key over and still no luck. got second key set and still ignition would not turn. is there some king of lock code I do not know about ?? nothing is stated in manual for an ignition lock out. find it hard to believe ignition switch went bad with no warning or the usual signs ?? anyone have this issue of parking car and ignition switch is locked up and will not turn????

Wiggle your steering wheel back and forth when you try and turn the key, sometimes the pressure against it will cause a worn out ignition to not turn freely.

Also note that the ignition lock and the ignition switch are two separate items. You can replace one without replacing the other.
If wiggling the steering wheel doesn't do it, try wiggling the gear shift too.

2-9-2022..... one week ago I swapped parking places with my truck due to the snow we were going to get, went out the next day to start car and key would not turn ignition switch. flipped key over and still no luck. got second key set and still ignition would not turn. is there some king of lock code I do not know about ?? nothing is stated in manual for an ignition lock out. find it hard to believe ignition switch went bad with no warning or the usual signs ?? anyone have this issue of parking car and ignition switch is locked up and will not turn????
I sprayed white lithium grease in ignition and it worked my car did the same thing on

Also note that the ignition lock and the ignition switch are two separate items. You can replace one without replacing the other.
If wiggling the steering wheel doesn't do it, try wiggling the gear shift too.
Tried that, but thanks for the help.

Mine gets stuck sometimes, I really have to wiggle the steering wheel quite hard to get it to unlock.. While wiggling the wheel I turn the key in the ignition and it finally unlocks.

Members online

No members online now.
Back