ignition coils will not fit into harness, somebody please help me!!!

add another one to the fray... have the same issue and need to swap coils asap. how did you guys handle the source of the problem though, i.e. the valve cover gasket. did you replace yourselves, if so what kind of difficulty/time was involved? also what is the part # for the black gasket that doesn't have the leaking problem?

My 00 LS V8 uses the coil pack that has the ridge on it.

Did my vc gaskets last Saturday, PITA! Wasn't too hard just time consuming, some of the bolts were just so hard to get to, swivel-head extension FTW!

Im in need of coils, and have a couple of questions:
Is there ANY WAY to determine if I have ridged or ridgeless coils simply via my Vin? In other words, if I call (as an example) Torrie from FPN or any of the other OEM vendors here, how do they know which coils to ship me for my 2002 V8 LSE?

we research the parts in a catalog that is for your car. If there is more than one option then we will ask for a vin number or build date. Aftermarket has its catalog set up with more universal parts for most vehicles but still fit yours, so ours are exact fit. ours would not include the other vehicles. Yours are the 2W4Z-12029-BD (DG515) and have NO ridges. This is the only choice for your vehicle through ford.
max

Members online

No members online now.
Back