Ignition coils - but faster

DuKeNoMaD

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So..after hours of cross referencing, checking, triple checking..I believe I have a solution for those looking for a performance based ignition coil, that will fit under the coil covers, and is offered by conventional performance suppliers. Now I may be wrong as it is still untested, but uf553 coils (found in EcoBoost v6's) the 2 prong versions...are looking like they will work, resistance is correct... length is damn near spot on...still unsure if they will bolt down with existing hole...but their also the type that the body of the coil protrudes down in to the plug well...and there fore if they work will be a very clean looking install. And msd and accel make nice high output versions. Am going to try and find a stock one at the wrecker and test my theory..but..I think I may be on to something....thoughts?

Screenshot_20200229-230215_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20200229-230304_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Am going to try and find a stock one at the wrecker and test my theory
The only thought I can give is ...After you install them and run them for a decent time period ...at least a couple months... (normal driving) ...and (real life driving)...report back with your factual evidence of car performance...good luck

The only thought I can give is ...After you install them and run them for a decent time period ...at least a couple months... (normal driving) ...and (real life driving)...report back with your factual evidence of car performance...good luck
I completely agree, I was just far too excited to not share my findings, stay posted everyone! Think I will order a set from Amazon just to peak my curiosity.

I've had Borg Warner Development (BWD) E418 coils on my LS v8 since right around 75k miles. The LS is now over 230k miles... with only one plug change (all 8) and a Denso boot kit set.

Why try to reinvent the wheel???

So you never did test the EcoBoost uf553s, huh? Oh well. I was hoping you did and they worked because if they did I'd get the MSD versions of them for mine when I change them out.

I've had Borg Warner Development (BWD) E418 coils on my LS v8 since right around 75k miles. The LS is now over 230k miles... with only one plug change (all 8) and a Denso boot kit set.
Why try to reinvent the wheel???
So you never did test the EcoBoost uf553s, huh? Oh well. I was hoping you did and they worked because if they did I'd get the MSD versions of them for mine when I change them out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back