Ignition actuator rod needed! Any tips?

Eddie K

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am needing a replacement plastic ignition actuator rod for my 96 mark VIII. Any tips on where I could find one? Or the part number?

Thank you!

-Eddie K

Are you talking about the white plastic part that's inside (on the top) of the steering column?

You're welcome.

Was that actually your problem though? My key got stuck in the ignition like a month ago. I was told this was likely my problem as well. I swapped in a steering column from a 95 Cougar. Put it all back together, it was good. First drive, key stuck again. Turned out to actually be the black pressure sensor (? not sure what it's actually called) that was on TOP of that. I removed it and all was well. Wasn't the actuator after all.

You're welcome.

Was that actually your problem though? My key got stuck in the ignition like a month ago. I was told this was likely my problem as well. I swapped in a steering column from a 95 Cougar. Put it all back together, it was good. First drive, key stuck again. Turned out to actually be the black pressure sensor (? not sure what it's actually called) that was on TOP of that. I removed it and all was well. Wasn't the actuator after all.
Yeah, it ended up being the actuator rod. Thanks for the insight! That is very good to know!

Members online

No members online now.
Back