If you're thinking of aftermarket navigation...

2001LS8Sport

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I just installed a Pioneer AVIC-Z1 into my wife's Aviator. I posted a thread in the Aviator section:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=23386

I would highly recommend this unit in your LS if you are looking for something like this. It's one heck of a unit. The install on the LS would be more difficult because of available space for wiring etc, but it could be done.

Honestly, this is a lot better than the factory nav set up. It just has too many nice features the factory unit doesn't...and the motion interlocks are easily bypassed.

Just wondering..after several months of usage, what are your impressions of this unit now? any issues?

And does it happen to have RCA Outs to power a couple of headrest monitors?

I have to tell you...I still am impressed with it. It also has RCA outputs...but I'm not sure what they are for because I didn't use them. I would suggest downloading the manual from the Pioneer site.

I also have a factory Nav unit in my Acura. The nav in the Pioneer is far superior to the Acura. They also have different database suppliers and I feel the Pioneer supplier is better. However, although there are a ton of voice recognition commands for the Pioneer, the Acura is much better. Their VR is so intuitive it isn't funny. Still, the Pioneer is good with it's VR...just not as good as the Acura. The Pioneer also has some issues with an echo when using Bluetooth. They don't have noise cancelling software. Pioneer has promised us that will be fixed soon with a software update.

I would have the Pioneer over the factory Ford unit so fast it makes your head spin. No comparison.

Members online

No members online now.
Back