If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a rod...sike

Csutter35

LVC Member
Reaction score
I wrote a long write up and it got deleted, I'm not rewriting it, so in short I'm rebuilding new block and I need torque spec for the whole car if someone has a manual but what I really need is torque number for the timing cover and timing tensioners on the front of the block and bracket bolts. My old engine threw a rod.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

z6pe-3Up1_beIY7X6Zoeqoi68NwWizJdQSAX80adhDHgD9kEKEqT2k4x0LO7MWvQ6t5Hv0qiXaDhbmA&owa=outlook.live.jpg

IMG_4328.JPG

IMG_4479.JPG

thumbnail_IMG_4458.jpg

Last edited:
I wrote a long write up and it got deleted, I'm not rewriting it, so in short I'm rebuilding new block and I need torque spec for the whole car if someone has a manual but what I really need is torque number for the timing cover and timing tensioners on the front of the block and bracket bolts. My old engine threw a rod.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

View attachment 828567030

View attachment 828567027

View attachment 828567028

View attachment 828567029

Sorry to hear that happened, I have the service manual but only in hard copy. I'm curious to know, but what happend in your case? From what I've heard and experienced, the internals of this engine (timing equipment aside) are pretty stout.

A suggestion if you have the means would be to update the secondary chain tensioners to the all metal if you can while you're in there (I can't tell from the images but you may already have them)

Members online

Back