If my Mark were a Mustang

E

ERIC1

ok my 1998 mark VIII is cool as is but i want to do some hopping on the motor all i really need to know is which ford or mustang motor i should tell jegs i have i think its 96-98 cobra but im not positive any body know?
Thanks
Eric. :L

Tell them you have the Lincoln motor. Nothing to be embarrassed about. After all, it is the "original Cobra" motor. HeHe.

What are you trying to do and how much do you have to spend? I am sure we can help you get the most bang for the buck...

MonsterMark said:
Tell them you have the Lincoln motor. Nothing to be embarrassed about. After all, it is the "original Cobra" motor. HeHe.

What are you trying to do and how much do you have to spend? I am sure we can help you get the most bang for the buck...
:L
im not so sure yet i would like to start with a high flo water pump. perhaps a set of cams and maybe go from there. i also need and oil pan and was considering a high volume high pressure oil pump.
Eric

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
slap on a supercharger, chip, and gears
a super charger for what kind of car? a licoln mark 8? um no! a 98 mustang cobra? um maybe i think so but that is what im trying to find out is what kind of car to say this is.

Sifrino3 said:
If your Mark was a Mustang It would look ugly!
yah it would be lmao and it would be just like every other ford guy
:dj:

ERIC1 said:
a super charger for what kind of car? a licoln mark 8? um no! a 98 mustang cobra? um maybe i think so but that is what im trying to find out is what kind of car to say this is.

Very basic items that fit a 96-98 Cobra will work. When you get to superchargers however, it is the details of the installation that will require custom work and diverge from the 'kit' that is sold for the Cobra. The same is true of intake, exhaust, etc...

The best place to start with a Mark is with either a chip or a j-mod to firm up the shifts. The chip will also give you better timing to pick up a few ponies. Also add a tranny cooler to prolong its life.

Then I would go to the IRS and drop in either a 3:73 or 4:10 pumpkin with "posi". Dual Exhaust from the cats back. Minimum 2.25". 2.5" if you plan on a power adder.

Then power adders. Either a nice 125 shot or a Vortech will work. I haven't seen huge gains in the cam, intake side of things. Sure, you can pick up some hp with an intake swap, but I would save the coinage and just stuff an extra lb of boost thru it to make up the difference.

And yes, '96-'98 Cobra is the best way to describe the motor, etc. in the pursuit of parts.

MonsterMark said:
The best place to start with a Mark is with either a chip or a j-mod to firm up the shifts. The chip will also give you better timing to pick up a few ponies. Also add a tranny cooler to prolong its life.

Then I would go to the IRS and drop in either a 3:73 or 4:10 pumpkin with "posi". Dual Exhaust from the cats back. Minimum 2.25". 2.5" if you plan on a power adder.

Then power adders. Either a nice 125 shot or a Vortech will work. I haven't seen huge gains in the cam, intake side of things. Sure, you can pick up some hp with an intake swap, but I would save the coinage and just stuff an extra lb of boost thru it to make up the difference.

And yes, '96-'98 Cobra is the best way to describe the motor, etc. in the pursuit of parts.
thank you i appreciate all the input now i have a direction to go in. :biggrin:

:L

What is the saying? How fast do you want to go...How much money do you have. Or something like that.

MonsterMark said:
What is the saying? How fast do you want to go...How much money do you have. Or something like that.
That's why I'm stuck in the slow lane :(

ONEBADMK8 said:
Or you could just call Lincolnmotorsport and be done with it.
you would be the first call i made. actually you were. thats how i found this board. i set up a small meeting this friday in bellmore ny would like to have you attend if possible.
Eric :L

Members online

Back