If it aint 1, thing it's another

bmtgie

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
For the last two mornings I noticed my 98 conti ass is sitting way lower then normal, the wheel well is sitting on the rear tires. So when I turn the car on it rises up like it should do normally.

I have a bad alternator I was told it hit 12 volts when everything is on when it should be at 14 volts...Do you think this could be why my car is doing this ?

Actually sitting on the tires?, or can you get 1 finger in between them? Sometimes my back sits lower then normal depending where I park at. Sometimes I can get 3 fingers in the wheel wells, other times I can get 1 in their. Never had it sit right on the tires.

I have 22's so its real tight, I probably can get a finger between them.

As long as it's not sitting on the tires I wouldn't worry about it to much. The car should try to auto level it self after it's been sitting (sits down after you shut it off, then a auto level after 10-15 minutes if the car thinks it needs it), might go up, might go down. take a picture of it after the car has been sitting for awhile, then take another picture in the morning.

Now that i think of it, it was sitting on the tires........

Yea I know it auto level itself but for some reason it hadn't the last 2 mornings.

Normally when I get out the car and soon as I close the driver door the rear go down just a little, and periodically the compressor come on through the night keeping the rear up and leveled and it might let a little air out the bags like you said.

But the last two mornings I'll get up and look at my car and be like ":eek: damn" it looks like I have custom air suspension and I have the rear end slammed. Then I'll turned the car on and it rises as it should and be fine the whole day, until I park it at night and it's sittin on its ass in the morning.

I'm it hoping it has something to do with the bad alternator.

Maybe the low voltage won't let the compressor kick on when the cars not running. Also when you pull the alternator out, take the battery to get checked also. Theirs been a couple people on with bad batteries that kept messin up their alternator.

Checked out your cardomain page, nice lookin ride. The only 2 things I can think of to dress it up anymore are some black chrome side pillars and some leather dye to 2-tone your seats to match your top.

thanks!

It was only a couple of more things I was going get done: HID kit, re-wrap the seats two-toned like you said, get taupe color seat belts (because cream is hard as hell to keep up), and get a steering wheel like yours.

100_1766.gif

Finally got a pic of it, it doesnt happen every night.

Yep, it looks like you have a leak. I would crawl underneath it with some dishsoap/water in a spray bottle, hit the lines, fittings, and bags. Just look for the little bubbles. New bags are about $100 with life time warranty.

$100 each, plus installation ? How much is installation should be?

But if it was a leak, wouldn't it happen every night ?

Members online

Back