idling funny need help

vicls

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So my car was sitting for awhile and turned it on today and just started up fine but i notice she was idiling weird and the driver side exhaust was kind of shaking as well and i had a weird matching burn after too..... could it be an 02 sensor i got that replaced like not even a year ago.... OR is it an exhaust leak because the driver side exhaust sounds funny... need help guys.. o ya the engine light back so i guess i gotta grab those codes

So my car was sitting for awhile and turned it on today and just started up fine but i notice she was idiling weird and the driver side exhaust was kind of shaking as well and i had a weird matching burn after too..... could it be an 02 sensor i got that replaced like not even a year ago.... OR is it an exhaust leak because the driver side exhaust sounds funny... need help guys.. o ya the engine light back so i guess i gotta grab those codes

is the Check engine light on yet? You should be able to take it to Autozone and have them pull the codes. Every time I have had anything like that, it has been a coil going bad for one reason or another.

get the code then you got your answer

is the Check engine light on yet? You should be able to take it to Autozone and have them pull the codes. Every time I have had anything like that, it has been a coil going bad for one reason or another.

how much are coils and are they hard to do?

k so it was cylinder 5 misfire.... i guess it was the moisture let the car warm up and got rid of the light and been fine since.... i guess it musta been the moisture since it was sitting outside all winter.... or i will have to change the spark plugs or the coils... so far so good...

you guys think i should change the plugs and coil on cylinder 5 or just see if it was just the moisture because its been fine since....

depends on how longs it been since you had a tune up, it can't hurt anything to change them out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back