ideas and help

How much money do you have to spend? If on a tight budget then do your maintance items like Tune up, front suspension, brakes, J Mod, tranny cooler, 3:73 or 4:10 gears with traction loc. That should help you spend $1500 right out of the gate. After you get that done then get back here for more help.

Thanks for the advice!

The car is currently in the shop for new airbags all around, new brakes, tune up and a new door handle. All this work is what enticed the owner to offer the car to me. All in all I call it a sweet deal :D

Would you mind explaining to me what the J mod is? I;m having trouble figuring it out with the search function.

I'm also planning on staying with stock gearing because the primary reason for buying such a luxurious car is my 900 mile commute to school I do 4 times a year. Any amount of gas saved adds up quickly. I'm definitely open to getting a limited slip rear end (I assume that's what you mean by trac loc) though. Who makes a decent trac loc rear end and who makes a good tranny cooler kit?

My budget is around $1500-1750 for everything at the moment, but I plan on owning the car for several years. I just plan to start out with a bang and continue modding from there with my meager savings abilities.

Members online

No members online now.
Back