IAC on a 2000 Town Car

eggsovereasy

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever taken their IAC off on a 98 or newer Town Car? Most information I have found is for the previous generation Town Car and where they helped me to a point I can't get the bottom screw off. The fit is way too tight, I can barely get my hand in there, much less a wrench.

So if anyone has any tips I would be very thankful ;)

Joeychgo said:
I dont - but ill look around......See what I can find.

I finally got it off and cleaned it really well (it was quite dirty), but now it idles really really high. So I disconnected the battery because I think I read somewhere that it will reset the computer and maybe idle normal afterwards? Maybe not I dunno, but I'm hoping :p

eggsovereasy said:
I finally got it off and cleaned it really well (it was quite dirty), but now it idles really really high. So I disconnected the battery because I think I read somewhere that it will reset the computer and maybe idle normal afterwards? Maybe not I dunno, but I'm hoping :p

Nevermind, I just had a loose hose... she runs like new now. Thanks for looking at my thread though :p

LOL Just wish I could have helped.

WHen you do repairs to your TC, please take pics and notes, and put together an article for our TECH section so the next guy knows how to do whatever you did. :)

Joeychgo said:
LOL Just wish I could have helped.

WHen you do repairs to your TC, please take pics and notes, and put together an article for our TECH section so the next guy knows how to do whatever you did. :)

Unfortunatly, it is too late for me to take in progress pictures, but I will try to take some just pointing out where the parts are and write up something within the week. I didn't even know the tech section was there :p

THe tech section is new - as you can tell -

Thanks in advance for contributing. Remember, you can contribute anything starting with something as simple as a tune up or changing a fuel filter.

Members online

No members online now.
Back