I want obnoxiously loud!!

Nitrobasher

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
This is kind of a werid thread, but Im 16 and about to turn 17 and For my Birthday I would like to Purchase a new set of mufflers and tips. The story goes like this, My school is full of a bunch of ricers with their huge fart can's always running around making there little v-tecs sound like a dying cow, anyways, last year on the last day of school all the ricers pretty much got in a row and did there little burnouts or whatever, just as I was about the throw up, a kid in a newer Mustang GT shows up behind one of them and just melts the tires and heres the best part it sounded like a funny car, haha...
Pretty much after that the ricers quit and the guy got a good cheer from the kids of the school. Fast forword to this year, I turn 16 Get my 97 LSC and even though I love the sound of the exhaust its just not loud enough for me.

So srry for rambling but what is the loudest exhaust with the best power output? thank you

haha i wouldnt do that then you end up looking like a domestic ricer. Theres smart car people in the import scene and the domestic scene. Just like theres stupid people for each also. I wouldnt make your exaust too loud. But thats just my preference.

Anyway to answer you question it all depends on the tone you are looking for, all of the mufflers besides stock pretty much have the same power. Theres different kinds of loud, raspy loud, and then deep mellow loud. Theres been plenty of threads with sound clips that im sure you can search. If the sound clips arent up anymore just pm the owner. Good luck and dont go out looking like an idiot yourself. ;)

Man i tell ya i wish you had that on video i was just laughing my a$$ off at the thought and visual of it all.

that mustang probably had SLP loudmouths... or flowmaster's with 'dumps' to give the sound your talkin about. i've got flowmaster 40 series on my 93 mark with ''modified'' cats :) im pretty happy with how it sounds.

hotrodlincoln93 said:
that mustang probably had SLP loudmouths... or flowmaster's with 'dumps' to give the sound your talkin about. i've got flowmaster 40 series on my 93 mark with ''modified'' cats :) im pretty happy with how it sounds.

I'd agree with the Flowmaster's as a kid with a hot rod. That's the sound. Just don't be a ricer! Respect what you own.

Personally I like Magnaflow mufflers.

JayAchTee said:
I don't know how much work it would be by check out http://www.sweet-thunder.com/index.html the may have a size that will work. I going to put a pair of stainless chambered mufflers on my '79 El Camino.

A chambered exhaust? Now thats old school.
How about put in electric cutouts? Flip a switch and have an actual open exhaust. Do the nasty burnouts with all the noise you can muster. Then flip the swtich back to your legal exhaust and cruise without attracting the coppers.
Have the chambered and cutouts, that would be sweet!

Yes, Torque, that's old school! It's amazing how things run in cycles. There's really not much new under the sun, is there?

torquemonkey said:
A chambered exhaust? Now thats old school.
How about put in electric cutouts? Flip a switch and have an actual open exhaust. Do the nasty burnouts with all the noise you can muster. Then flip the swtich back to your legal exhaust and cruise without attracting the coppers.
Have the chambered and cutouts, that would be sweet!

are not all mufflers chambered? IE 1.5 chambered and so on

I'm looking for something that will give me an increase in horsepower, a deeper rumble, but I don't want to hear it inside the car, especially on the highway...

Any suggestions?

If you want loud I would suggest cutouts or 1 chamber flowmasters.

definately Flowmasters trust me,and either cut outs or h pipe instead of cats my friend has that setup and it passed emissions,figure that one out

br94mk8 said:
definately Flowmasters trust me,and either cut outs or h pipe instead of cats my friend has that setup and it passed emissions,figure that one out

That would be one clean and finely tuned engine. Or he went to get checked in the morning and took his right before it was recalibrated. A buddy of mine had his Toyota 4 cyl. pass with "modded" Cats. Who knows why these things happen.

Staffamerica74 said:
The video and audio link wont work for the assassins geno.

I edited/updated Geno's post. You can now see/hear what those mufflers sound like.....:D

Members online

No members online now.
Back