I traded in my LS...

Farking Bastage

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I at least owe it to the community that I learned so much from to disclose what I replaced it with.

http://i.imgur.com/AFEHJeq.jpg

Going from a damned nice RWD V8 to an AWD turbo H4 isn't quite the usual progression here, but it's been a blast. Thanks so much for having the cleanest, most informative, and troll free automotive forum I've ever seen.

Thanks again.

Subie legacy?

I like those actually but prefer the sedan.

i liked the color of my 03 LS8 enough, I figured why change :D

http://i.imgur.com/hQpxAUN.jpg

"Trevor" was a damned good car to me. ( we are weird and name cars in my house )

'03@110K miles, I got 5k in trade for it, which is about as much as I could reasonably expect. I hate it, but he was about to need timing chains, new lower control arms, possibly a new PCM judging from the PCM processor fault errors I was clearing out, most of the coolant plumbing, and swaybar bushings.

The WRX is infinitely faster off the line, but I'm not 100% convinced it's faster from 60-80 with the stock tune. That LS had gobs of torque and no turbo lag.

Regardless, having a rally-esque AWD turbo car was something on my bucket list. Picking up something that performs like the 'rex for 25k and some change minus trade was pretty sweet, especially considering the sticker on "trevor" was 43k in 2003.

Come on Black! Lol

WRXs are sexy. Im with Black though, i like the sedan better.

Good trade IMO.

Good luck with it.

I blame it on the small screen of my iphone lol. I actually looked at the Legacy for awhile.

Sometimes you find a sleeper Legacy sedan :D

fmic.jpg

Forced Performance "green" turbo and all the goodies, right at 400 whp. Never got it to the track but datalogs show it would be in the 118-120 mph trap area.

Had to sell it though when it spun a bearing (bad bearing, too broke to get it fixed even though it was warrantied) and now I drive a more mundane cruiser. This economy has been hell on small business owners!

Members online

Back