I think I know the answer, but opinions needed....

ripped camel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
As I've mentioned before I'm parting out my 03 gt and one of the things I'm selling is my Borla catback exhaust. The guy that wants it is really only interested in the piping and not the mufflers, because he wants to keep his flowmasters. So I was thinking of having the Borla's cut off and then welded in place of my stock setup.

Aslong as the pipe is the same size nothing else would hinder this right?

I'm guessing this won't really make much power (maybe 1hp if lucky, lol) but I know it will make it sound good. I plan on possibly having a Magnaflow dual in/dual out muffler put in place of the 3rd cat, then creating a true dual setup with the Borla's. I want to retain my stock tips however.

This all sounds about accurate right? I've done a lot of reading through the past posts and I wanted to ensure that I retained what I read the right way before I went off and started hacking pipes off.

I'm betting that with the whole setup with my SCT tune, and K&N filter I should be at the 300hp (at the flywheel) mark.

Will make about 1 hp and will be super quiet. Just wait until you do the whole exhaust. Especially Borlas they are usually quiet anyway but at the end of a stock Mark system you will barely hear them.

Go for it, sounds like you got it right. If the mufflers are for larger piping just use an adapter piece to step it up. The mufflers may not be loud but they got to sound better than stock. Borla makes good stuff, why not use them.

Good. I really was hesitant to do it at all because I don't want it to be loud. Good to know...

who needs stock tips when you can get corsa vette tips i just put an x pipe where the 3rd cat goes 2.25 piping and flowmaster racing mufflers the black ones and it isnt that loud so borla should be even quieter

reartips.jpg

Yeah I'm going to have the mufflers chopped off the stang tomorrow, then installed on the Lincoln on Monday or Tuesday. I want the weekend to polish the mufflers.

I'm glad it will be pretty quiet. My mustang was obnoxious and fun, I want my Lincoln to be mean yet dignified.

Members online

No members online now.
Back