I scored some parts today.

MuckFace

LVC Member
Reaction score
Scored some parts at the scrapyard i work at. I didnt get everything i want, but the boss held the car for me to get the rest of what i need. Car is a 2002 ls v8 with a tiptronic tranny. I took the parts below. Anything else worth grabbing before another ls8 gets crushed? The car has the special bumper package (front, rear, sides) and some other goodies, but its sitting on the rotors and i cant grab them. I have 30 mins before work starts to grab what i want. Motor/drivetrain out of the question. 20140909_172959.jpg

20140909_172959.jpg

That looks like quite the LS. Are the corner markers yellow or clear? How is there no one on that grille yet?

As if you scored a McLaren grille at a scrap yard that you work in, last one fetched 380$ on an ebay bidding frenzy.

grab the bumper covers and more! worth $$$$'s, sounds like an LSE.

+1

The corners and turn signals were clear. The turn signals are skinny and dont fit my 1st gen.

Ima try and get the bumpers tomorrow. I know the foglights are gone. The sideskirts are toast so i might just lift it with a forklift. Any other parts i should grab?

20140909_214644.jpg

20140909_214644.jpg

Do you have a sport or a chromed bumper? I have a sport but I don't know which the LSE would match to. I'm interested in the markers. What's the condition on the bumpers?

20140910_180523.jpg
I have the chrome trim bumper. Everything is in a rough condition. Numerous tabs are broken and the bumper has a few cracks on it. I am still on the fence about keeping all these parts or selling them.

20140910_180523.jpg

2002 LSE parts are somewhat rare, you found a treasure in the midst of junk. try and grab the rear lower bumper fascia, it has those nice dual tip cut outs. You sure the side skirts are no good, those would be great to put on any LS. All I can say is lucky you! I'd trade my wife for first GEN LSE parts.

{IMG REMOVED, SORRY}

~ got some real 'naughty' ones if you're interested, long legs, huge nipples!

View attachment 828469651
I have the chrome trim bumper. Everything is in a rough condition. Numerous tabs are broken and the bumper has a few cracks on it. I am still on the fence about keeping all these parts or selling them.

Huh. I didn't know the 02 LSE is where all the clear lenses originated (before aftermarket). You're located in Long Island? How far out? I'm in Jersey. I'd consider driving out and picking up some of those parts based on price and location. Bumpers, rear license plate surround, clear corners, and whatever engine bay push clips you got if you don't end up keeping them yourself.

Huh. I didn't know the 02 LSE is where all the clear lenses originated (before aftermarket). You're located in Long Island? How far out? I'm in Jersey. I'd consider driving out and picking up some of those parts based on price and location. Bumpers, rear license plate surround, clear corners, and whatever engine bay push clips you got if you don't end up keeping them yourself.

No LS ever left the factory with clear corners. They wouldn't pass DOT.....

No LS ever left the factory with clear corners. They wouldn't pass DOT.....

... Well, never mind then. Both markers and blinkers? I forgot about the markers being reflective. I don't know why I automatically ruled out a DIY job as I sit looking at my own opened spare headlights

All the parts in the pics are the only parts i grabbed. Car has been crushed and shredded. If i come across another one, i will start another thread and take requests.

Members online

No members online now.
Back