I say, "Too f-ing bad!"

I agree. If someone is being executed for a crime, what difference does it make that they suffer a little in the process? It could be worse. We could bring back the guillotine, which - when the blade isn't well enough sharpened - might or might not work on the first try. Or there's always lynching or crucifixion. Depending on how those go, the execution could last all day.

I do wonder, what's with China and those "mobile execution vans"?

Oooh, this looks great! I was checking out what Wikipedia had to say about execution techniques, and have now learned what it means to be Hung, Drawn, and Quartered. [[GRAPHIC DOCUMENTARY CONTENT WARNING]] Sounds like a great punishment to invoke for serial rapists and murderers to me.

And wait, there's more: Wikipedia actually has a list of methods for execution and/or capital punishment. Again, some of the descriptive content is quite graphic, and not for the weak of stomach.

Given many of the interesting ways there are to kill a person, I think our society has done more than enough to make executions as "humane" as possible, when used for capital punishment. Anyone who says otherwise can just f*ck off!

suffering is a part of death. iszi is right, we could bring back the guillotine or the lynching. by the way if the rope is too long for the lynching, it might snap the first try.:headbang:

Because a "civilized" society like America has something against "cruel and unusual punishment", otherwise we're no better than the scum we're executing or theocracies like Iran.

The article did state that it has not been validated. Which means that the killers' victims are the ones who suffer from cruel and unusual punishment.
Or have the victims been forgotten?

Because a "civilized" society like America has something against "cruel and unusual punishment", otherwise we're no better than the scum we're executing or theocracies like Iran.

WWJD??

Use a wet, or dry sponge w/ "ol Sparky"??

We know what Percy Wetmore would do. :rolleyes:

thegreenmile_percy.jpg

Its all really where you draw the line for cruel and unusual punishment. I agree with Iszi, there's plenty of worse ways to do it. I mean your killing someone(rightfully so IMO), you can only be so humane. I believe the humanity of the crime should match the humanity in the punishment.

suffering is a part of death. iszi is right, we could bring back the guillotine or the lynching. by the way if the rope is too long for the lynching, it might snap the first try.:headbang:
You mean the rope might snap?
If you meant the neck, its not the length that does it. Its the number of wraps in the noose when its tied. Less wraps is more likely to break the neck. More wraps is more likely to choke the person to death(slows down the fall). There was an old law on the books in PA where you couldn't use more than 13 wraps because it was considered cruel and unusual punishment.

Members online

No members online now.
Back