I removed the factory JBL Sound radio and 6 disc changer and installed a DD radio

Terrapin88

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I removed the factory JBL Sound radio and CD changer from my 98 Continental and installed a nice JVC double din head unit (radio). Both the radio and changer work 100% but I listen to internet radio and MP3's via my smart phone almost exclusively so I needed a head unit with the AUX and USB connections. The HU I installed has bluetooth so no more wires from the phone to the radio. I am loving it.

I wanted to post this so others wanting to install a double din head unit would know that it fits. I've read some posts saying DD won't fit and some saying they will. It went in without a hitch, no cutting needed. I got an after market wiring harness and dash kit from Metra for $20 which made the install simple and fast.

That's all folks. :)

BTW, if anyone is needing the factory HU and or the 6 disc changer drop me a PM. I plan to put them on Ebay this week otherwise.

If you have the 6 disc changer in the arm rest, removing the changer will leave a big hole making the armrest storage area useless. I found some thin plastic sheets that I cut up, bent and formed to cover the open side and bottom of the armrest storage cubby. I foil taped it all together and it's perfect. Well as perfect as a redneck repair can be. ;)

If you have the 6 disc changer in the arm rest, removing the changer will leave a big hole making the armrest storage area useless. I found some thin plastic sheets that I cut up, bent and formed to cover the open side and bottom of the armrest storage cubby. I foil taped it all together and it's perfect. Well as perfect as a redneck repair can be. ;)

Nah, i got another center console when I.went to the junkyard a couple.months ago. I just swapped the lid so the.colors matched

My Soundstream double din went in, but not without a struggle getting all the wires to sit up in there nicely, but I have 6 channels of RCAs that had to be accommodated as well. Actually just purchased a JVC KD-A95BT that will be going in as soon as I get it. The DD was nice, but too big and bright at night.

No, not a whole lot of room for extra wires behind the HU. You need to put some though into where to stuff them to get the HU to slide in all the way. Wasn't too bad on mine. One of the reasons I chose the JVC was that its face and lighting scheme is very simple without any light shows or flashing stuff etc. I also like that I can choose which day and night color schemes I want and it automatically dims at night. I tried red for a few nights and it was very comfortable and not at all distracting, but I settled on a green shade.

Members online

No members online now.
Back