I need some ideas...

Roy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
:V
my 2002 cadillac sts is almost completly stcok . i would like some ideas for what i should do with it. im not interested is nitro, i already have a wood dash kit and im planning on getting a pasive supercharger in the spring.. if you have any ideas please give them. i posed a picture of what it would lokk like without the licence plate in the front take a look and tell me what you think.

1)paint the engine cover to match the body color, retaining the emblem and lettering, or
reverse the colors - my 99 is silver with black lettering, reverse to black (Gloss, matte or wrinkle paint is your choice) with silver lettering.
2)put the same kind of "eggcrate" that is in the grille in the opening below the bumper
3)paint the pillar between the doors body color, unless there's a really good reason not to - my black on black looks OK, but it makes other body colors look unfinished IMHO.
4)put the well-known Ford Thunderbolt hood scoop - nah, just kidding.. d;-)

Incidenly, let me know how and how much to diy the front bumper, it looks really different filled in.

Roy said:
:V
my 2002 cadillac sts is almost completly stcok . i would like some ideas for what i should do with it. im not interested is nitro, i already have a wood dash kit and im planning on getting a pasive supercharger in the spring.. if you have any ideas please give them. i posed a picture of what it would lokk like without the licence plate in the front take a look and tell me what you think.

Good luck on SuperCharging that NorthStar... I heard horror stories about that!

Idea #1: Custom Front Grill:

MY99SSTSV_front_mesh_500.jpg

or

Custom Grill and headlamps both painted to match bodycolor:

MY_99STSV_3.jpg

Idea #2: NEW WHEELS!

MY99STSV_SIDE_small.jpg

Idea#3: Paint that ugly gray rear panel to match your car!:

MY_STSV_REAR_500.jpg

Other Ideas: HIDs, NAV, painting chrome around windows, tinted windows, suicide rear doors, or how bout a two tone paint scheme???

I've basically ran down a list of what I have done or plan to do, shaved emblems, painted rear panel, and 20s are down, now for the rest. These are all edits but I'll take some new pics and a vid tomorrow of what the car looks like now - the wheels alone have transformed the car into a real "looker"...:)

Kale

Hey,

The STS is hot! That is the kind of look I want. I am going to tint the windows soon and I want to buy the rims and tires around the spring time. How much does the debadging cost? I think debadging mine would give it the totally different look from the rest.

Rob

Get the Dash kit, looking for wheels in spring two.

Red STS said:
Hey,

The STS is hot! That is the kind of look I want. I am going to tint the windows soon and I want to buy the rims and tires around the spring time. How much does the debadging cost? I think debadging mine would give it the totally different look from the rest.

Rob

The OEM match dash kit for the Bose is a must it looks great. (see my pic's)

I too have a Red STS, If I see any neet wheels I will let you know, do you have 16 or 17 stock rims.

I am going to try lower profile tires on the stock rims and see how that works. I got a great deal on some Pirelli 235/45 R17 Ice they are about 3/4 of an inch lower than orginal. I hope the don't look lost in the wheel wells, I will post a pic after I put them on.

I beleive mine are 16 inch stocks. I like the look of the 20 inch better, but I'll wait until the spring for those. The dash kit is cool. But I dont want to do anything to the inside, I want to cutomize the exterior. Debadging, tint, rims, and I was thinking about the grill. But I might leave the grill alone. Our cars are exactly alike except I hace the tan interior. The black is sweet though. Whenever I get a chance to post some pictures I'll do so. Let me know how the tires look after you put them on.

Rob

:bow:

Red STS said:
How much does the debadging cost?

you can take the badges off yourself. the ones on the back are just glued on, so take a piece of dental floss and use that to cut the glue thats between the emblem and the car. go to a hardware store or grocery store and get goo gone. its great for removing the adhesive left from emblems. let the goo gone do its job, don't scrape or rub hard, you'll dammage the paint.

i like the look of tint. around here you can get the good stuff from a reputable chain of tint shops, with install, with lifetime warranty for a little under $300. if you don't have a lot of cash to spend on this project, tint isn't super-expensive.

Members online

No members online now.
Back