I need all of your opinions

IamEli

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright, I want to do something a little different with my grill. Originally I had the Chrome top with the flat black grill. Now I changed that last nite and replaced the Chrome with a Gloss Black part. I think it looks good, but I also really like the mesh grills and I have some really nice stainless mesh, so Im gonna try this for a lil then go from there. But I would like all your opinions as to which you like better.
Thanks,
Elisha

EDIT: the top one was this morning with the Black upper grill part, the bottom is the Chrome upper grill part. Its had to see right now, I will get better pics.

101495457_324091608_0.jpg

P1010799.2.JPG

I would leave the chrome upper grill in for now and get those eyelids on the headlamps painted to match your car.

I think I like the black better. post some more pics

I will, i just have to get home to use a better camera then my phone...haha. Thanks for the input so far tho guys

i would leave the top chrome.. and paint the bottom the same color as the car.. maybe even the headlamps..

Unless you plan to remove the chrome bumper strip I would keep the chrome grill. The black looks good, but not with the chrome bumper strip right under it.

I think it would look really nice on one with sport bumpers.

I dont like the look of the black with silver. Black,chrome,silver just looks too mismatched. I'd either leave it chrome to match the bumper or paint the grill and eyelids silver to match the car. Same with the corner lense, doesnt look good black, paint it silver.

I love chrome myself but I must admit it actually looks pretty good. can you post better pics?

The grille is OK in black, but the grille surround needs to be chrome or body color. As it sits, it looks unfinished, at least to my eye.

Edit: Looking back at the picture, it sorta looks like you ran into a late-run Mark VIII... ;)

HAHA, actually i see what you mean about the MKVIII, anyways, thanks a lot for all the input, I am really undecided here. I like the gloss black, but is it too much contrast, and FL02LS i kinda right, there is a lot goin on on the front end. So Keep it comin and hopefullly I can make a good decision. By the way, which one do you guys want more pics of? I can get the gloss black ones, but the chrome ones are a little harder, I will have to change the grills or somethin.

Here are some more pics of the gloss black one. I will try to get some of the chrome one, but I will have to switch it back on.

101686853_324741739_0.jpg

101686869_324741791_0.jpg

mharrison said:
Unless you plan to remove the chrome bumper strip I would keep the chrome grill. The black looks good, but not with the chrome bumper strip right under it.

I think it would look really nice on one with sport bumpers.

same here either get rid of the chrome bumber or get the chrome back on the grill

Those dark eyelids and tinted corners look terrible on a SILVER car IMHO. As you can tell...I'm all about the chrome grillz. You should go with the all clear corners and turn signals....I always wanted to do mine...

Alright all, Problem Solved. My buddy works at CDC in Michigan and I just got back from there Garage sale and I now have a new CDC front Facia, upper and lower mesh, new fogs, new rockers(all car parts came painted). SOOOOO, I will get the transformation done this week and post pics.
Thanks for all the input.
Elisha

Here are the new pics, he only thing missing are the sport turn signals, Which I am getting tomm. I will also be removing the black eyelids soon and loowering it.

100_0546.2.JPG

100_0547.2.JPG

100_0548.2.JPG

IamEli said:
Here are the new pics, he only thing missing are the sport turn signals, Which I am getting tomm. I will also be removing the black eyelids soon and loowering it.
Looks alot better, dont remove the eyelids. Paint them with body color paint. It makes the lines of the hood/grill look alot smoother.

Yeah, it looks much better with the CDC stuff. Very, very nice. :D

D@mn you hit the jackpot, that looks much better! :eek:
I didn't get an invite to the CDC garage sale, is there anything left?

nice work, you need the rear valence now and youre all set, almost all set, drop it!! :headbang:

Yeah, I like it a TON better. I got the prototype bumper from when they first started making them. That was like the only LS stuff they had left, but I am having my buddy go through their storage some more and see what they got. As for the eyelids, yeah im thinking about painting them too. And the back bumper, I got a guy from Bumpers.com who is gonna trade my old front for a Sport rear. Now all I gotta do is lower it, which I have the springs sittin in my garage waiting till I can put them on.
Thanks again guys,
Elisha

looks great. I did the same thing you originaly did with your black grill on my ls however it came out with diffrent results having an all black car.
Eamonn

Members online

No members online now.
Back