I like this forum more..

Lol sorry, you guys come on our side and usually say put a 4.6 in it and several times Ive seen people say our MKVIII's are faster and what not.. I really just kinda got offened by the name thing.. Sorry for jumping the gun so to speak..

there's always the caddy forums - I know they love LS owners.... ;)

Missing Linc' - glad your trying things out on your LS, whether they exceed expectations or not, at least you tried and learned. You'll never get enough appreciation from the internet for all your time and money to stroke your ego. Modify your LS for yourself, take pride in your work, share results, prepare for feedback (good and bad), you will always get a little ribbin'.

It is interesting what mods will really work and what won't.

Lol sorry, you guys come on our side and usually say put a 4.6 in it and several times Ive seen people say our MKVIII's are faster and what not.. I really just kinda got offened by the name thing.. Sorry for jumping the gun so to speak..

lol its cool, im not one to do that. For performance wise, I see your already on the right path. With gears, stall, turbo/nitrous, tune, weight reduction, etc. covers whats available as im not sure whats all out there for the jag motor, might want to look into custom cams do what you can with the heads/intake..and of course you can always stiffen and suspension up to help plant it to the road.

Guarantee you my LS is faster than your MKVIII...

You might want to be careful who you say that too...

There are alot of sleeper marks and I would venture a guess that our cars are alot easier to make fast than your cars...

And if you really want to find out... come see me next summer... I'll run your cute little LS

Oh and props on trying to make your LS unique and performance oriented :D

I'll run your Mark, Stack, I'm not too far from you.

I'll most likely lose terribly, depending on your mods, but why not?

BIR has open strip on wed. nights I believe.

You might want to be careful who you say that too...

There are alot of sleeper marks and I would venture a guess that our cars are alot easier to make fast than your cars...

And if you really want to find out... come see me next summer... I'll run your cute little LS

True, true and that might be a possibility, I need to take more road trips out west, although by next summer it shouldnt be a "cute little LS" anymore..

Now come to the Chat Room on on Wed nights and to the Beach Party in July.

And join the rest of the fun the Mark VIII members have. We are always open to the LS members ... they just don't seem to like us much or noses too high in the air not sure...

I woulda came....if it wasn't for the loss in my job I woulda :p

I think Missin Linc is just upset that the Ls forums are now being flooded with newbies asking about problems or sounds which is annoying because you should first get it looked at by a professsional then ask us for a second opinion cause maybe what they are doing or hearing could have something to do with the way they drive or maybe it's their music LOUD MUSIC playing tricks on them.

I wanna get my Luxury stuff put in before performance since car shows like show more than go :p but I'll be hitting the performance section once I get the bells and whistles installed. I hope to put in a 4000-4200 stall TC on the LS since the peak torque is about 5000(I think).

My peak torque was 3450, thats why I went with the 3K, Ive always gone with the 500 below peak for a good converter and it works great, no lag or bogging at all.. 4200 or whatever youd tear your tires apart more than I am..

theres a lot to factor in besides that for a TC tho.. gearing, weight blah blah blah.. or you can just follow what the MKVIII guys said "you can never have enough stall" or something like that, which, in some relevance, could be true.. lol I might upgrade mine when I do the animal rebuild for the trans.. thinking maybe a billet 3500 next time.. got a lot on my plate already tho..

true true...well if you need any cheering up in the process...I got the demotivs :-D

wish I was more of a performance enthusiast than the luxury kind or I'd be all in for knowing how to help or trade advice between each other...I just don't see much purpose of being any faster in the area I live. Cops are complete Dicks and no one wants to even race anymore cause the ones who did lost their jobs or forced to sell car or gave it away in the CFC

SOOOO STOCK...

But all that will change which is WHY i said "come see me next summer"

Then we will see...

Guarantee you my LS is faster than your MKVIII... Pektel thanks for jumping in here and yes Sully did confirm it just not with me, I couldnt get a hold of him and basically just said F ii Im buying it and if it doesnt work Im gonna send the spare to get "re-tooled" to a higher stall speed, once it was in and I called him for some trouble shooting issues he said I was just telling Pektel it would work.. None the less, Im straying off course and doing my own thing with this car past the intake/exhaust/mail order tune thing.. Xcal is on the way, Pro tuner software shortly after the nitrous gets here.. My Trans Am is gone now so I can dedicate more time into this thing.. Ill be more than willing to run some of you high and mighty MKVIII guys when its all said and done..

Spare engine to take apart might come first tho to see how bad casting flash ect is on the heads and to have spare cams to get spec'd out and see where we can go.. Im really thinking the long tubes would be beneficial after the tuning tho..

So you thought the ls ls is faster than a marlviii? I will take that on! My 97 viii stock 170,000 miles will bury the speedometer at 140 and keep climbing. And smoke the tires whenever I want and loud cheep when changing to 2nd. Don’t worry not done on public highway. Abandon private road

Members online

No members online now.
Back