I know another rim question

g4rgoyle

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My car is 2002 ls v8 with the spoke chrome which is a 17 x 7.5 rim. I am looking at these they are a 5x108 bolt pattern that are 17 x 7 with a 40+ offset. Now them being only 7" rims and not 7.5" rims am i going to have a problem. Also here is a picture of them, you think they will look good on a black ls. Thanks

med_Rev.jpg

Well you see i have new rubber now for 17 so kinda stuck and can get these cheap they are used. But the person is trying to sell with tire and i don't need them and don't think they will work 215/45/17.

They'd work, but are way smaller diameter. Over 1.5" difference in diameter from stock. Stock is 26.25", those are 24.62"

so even with the stock size tire i won't gain any 235/50/17 is that correct better with my own tires

Your wheel gap will be even bigger with a smaller diameter tire. 235/50/17 is what I based my diameter measurement off of. You can use 245/45 as well.

Sorry i know what you are saying just asking would it better to use my tire or the 215/45/17 which come with the rim thanks or is it even worth doing.I also tried that wheel calculator and stock is 191mm for the front and 235 for the back. With rim i showed and stock tires the back stays the same 235mm but front becomes 178mm. But if i take tire and rim front stays the same 178mm but back becomes 215mm. Will all this make a big different and if so i am better to stay with my stock tires is that correct.

I still have yet to see you driving around :p

Hey Mark depending where you live maybe we live in different areas i am around edgehill and cedar point. Also neither of us know what one another looks like? If you want we can meet Barrie ain't all that big. Oh on that note looks like i may have bought me some rims i will find out tommorow.

Hey Mark depending where you live maybe we live in different areas i am around edgehill and cedar point. Also neither of us know what one another looks like? If you want we can meet Barrie ain't all that big. Oh on that note looks like i may have bought me some rims i will find out tommorow.

Ah, yeah. That's not too far from me - I live in the cundles east area, and I will be driving by your area quite frequently, actually. We could definitely meet up, once you get the rims on :D

Sure sounds like a plan it might be a bit if all comes through for i have to polishes out some scratches on them. I haven't seen them in person just by a picture so. Or depending might see how much they cost from a rim repair company here in Barrie. I probally drive past your place every day for i go to the simcoe health centre by the cop shop around 4 in the afternoon to drop off my other half for work and put her up later that evening.

Members online

No members online now.
Back