I knew this would be the first car I lost the handle on

ATPJOE

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Rear tires are pretty worn, roads were wet and I thought it was a good idea to roast an on ramp. :rolleyes: Drove it 40 miles home after... nothing major wrong as far as I can tell. Scraped the front bumper, lost most my skid plates (they did their job lol) and got it real muddy. Lucked out by dodging a couple signs and having the mud absorb the impact. Still hit the ditch really hard. Was like a hockey puck flying across the pavement into a goal haha

553506_370932972956528_100001194868534_893879_1501235895_n.jpg

This is why we can't have nice things :(

Just wanted to test the off-road capabilities without venturing too far off the road.

i bet you the sunroof survived like a champ!

POW!
that just happened!

This is funny I drove past this car today on my way home from work on the RT53 ramp to algonquin rd lol

Been there. I used to stick junkers under barbed wire fences and jump trucks that my dad had sitting around. The difference was it was in the middle of BFE (Nebraska), I was 14, and they were $)%*boxes.

You just got a pass from the car gods. Use it wisely!

At least it was in an LS. Mine tends to spin out pretty flat. I'd bet that would have been a roll-over if he was in an SUV or Van.

The LS, for me, was the hardest car to lose control of. Have you been driving Geo Metros your entire life? lol

how often do you spin out???

When I go to autocross at least once or twice in 10-laps. Usually once at the start and the last lap where I go for stupid :)

Usually when I try to hook a hairpin. Should you do that? No. But it's fun :D

Kind of like power-slides. heh

I hit black ice with worn all season tires turning onto an on-ramp. It squirmed for about half a second and advanctrac regained its composure and kept the car pointed right where I had the wheel. Perhaps if you don't have advancetrac, you should get an LS that does Though it sounds like you may have turned it off. Would suck to have nailed that sign or worse, another car. You got lucky!

The LS, for me, was the hardest car to lose control of. Have you been driving Geo Metros your entire life? lol

I never said it was easy to lose control of. I said I knew it would be the first thing I did lose control of. I drive it like I stole it and am super ignorant for pushing it in the weather yesterday. This car has handled amazing for me, and still will do so as long as I don't rip in slick conditions especially with the tires I have on the rear. They're horrible, and I'm broke.

I hit black ice with worn all season tires turning onto an on-ramp. It squirmed for about half a second and advanctrac regained its composure and kept the car pointed right where I had the wheel. Perhaps if you don't have advancetrac, you should get an LS that does Though it sounds like you may have turned it off. Would suck to have nailed that sign or worse, another car. You got lucky!

It was turned on, the rear swung out so hard that it just glided all the way around like it was on food trays, on ice. I'm really glad I missed all obstacles and that there were no guard rails or cars in my path. Last thing I need (or anyone) is a totaled car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back