doncorleone77

LVC Member
Reaction score
My 2000 LS is falling apart.
First it was the alternator.
Second it was the coils.
Third was the oxygen sensors.
Fourth my paint on the deck lid started fading
Fifth was the window controls popping off, 2 in one week.
Then yesterday, I was rolling down the window and crash, the window falls straight down into the door, luckily it didn't break but I need a regulator at $160 plus labor.
I'm just at my end, this car is slowly bleeding me to death, I've always loved the LS but now I'm ready to get a Honda Accord or something that won't break every week.
By the way it's a 2000 LS V8 with 65,000 miles.

doncorleone77 said:
Second it was the coils.
Then yesterday, I was rolling down the window and crash, the window falls straight down into the door, luckily it didn't break but I need a regulator at $160 plus labor.
I'm just at my end, this car is slowly bleeding me to death, I've always loved the LS but now I'm ready to get a Honda Accord or something that won't break every week.
I'm sorry to hear that you are having all this happen at once.

But, then again, I would expect all that kind of stuff (especially the window buttons) to fail on a Honda with 60K+.

Was the window reg the front or rear, I've done the rears myself it's not hard and can save you that big labor fee.

It just seems like luck of the draw with these cars. I didnt have anything go wrong with my 2002 for the year that i had it. Every single brand of automobile is going to have its fair share of "bad" cars. When i had my Intrepid at the dealer for servicing the service manager said he took a brand new PT Cruiser out for lunch one time and the transmission literally blew apart. Brand new cars shouldnt do that, but it happens.

My dad then Me had our LS for 7 years and there has only been a couple of problems. It has 130000 miles on it and it still runs like when he got it.

doncorleone77 said:
Second it was the coils.

I replaced the regulator in the front passenger door this last weekend. If you have the skills and tools, this is a VERY simple job. Off the top of my head, you will need a 10mm and 11mm sockets, phillips screwdriver, small flat head, and a torx bit to remove the door latch. Pull the panel, pull the inner plate, unclamp the old regulator from the window, and bolt the new one in. If you are by yourself, you will need to remove the glass from the car. If you have help, they can hold the glass up for you while you R & R the regulator. To remove the glass, you just remove a couple of moldings and slip it out. It all bolts together and there isn't any alignment process to go through.

I'm sure you're going to find a broken cable guide. I wonder why they decided to use plastic...

$160 for the regulator is bend you over price. I just paid $112 for mine from 5 Star Ford in Scottsdale. Check them out.

I can relate, i just did all my coils and plugs and now my airbag light is blinking and its not the wire under the seat. So now I gotta do the Clockspring. Whatever, i still love my car, its just the most matinence ive ever had to do on a car.

Sounds like most of it is stuff that is going to happen like the sensor and alt. Windows I thing should last unless you are always putting them up, down and yada yada. The paint is normal especially if you do not detail(wash, wax) that much.

Car is 6 yrs old. Try having an LS that you get rid of and it comes back twice! lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back