i have sme problem as tireman,on my 00 ls v8,HELP ME TOO

boost4days

LVC Member
Reaction score
i was reading a recent thread of tireman having a system too lean code and i was wanting some advice for my v8 cause it is doing the same thing but only in bank 2,ALSO....i have a code for manufacter air and fuel metering that i can get rid of either.ANY IDEAS ON WHAT TO DO??? and would a cone filter and adapter be giving it this probem.

Lean codes

my 01V6 had the lean codes both banks, turns out the PCV hose on the V6 degrades from the heat of the engine. On the V8, I think I read that it is caused by the valve cover gaskets. Its a vacuum leak after the MAF. Do a search on lean codes, you will find many discussions on this, a common problem. :D

my 01V6 had the lean codes both banks, turns out the PCV hose on the V6 degrades from the heat of the engine. On the V8, I think I read that it is caused by the valve cover gaskets. Its a vacuum leak after the MAF. Do a search on lean codes, you will find many discussions on this, a common problem. :D

thats wierd that it would be the valve cover gaskets,but.....it does have breather to the valve cover.wouldnt it be showing lean on both and not just 1???

Dude, like I said, search the forum

Really, search the forum for V8 lean codes, you'll find the fix. I might have read that the cone will cause this reading also, but I can't be sure, just search around a bit, you will find the answer. :D

Really, search the forum for V8 lean codes, you'll find the fix. I might have read that the cone will cause this reading also, but I can't be sure, just search around a bit, you will find the answer. :D

thanks man

Members online

No members online now.
Back