I have not seen this before, LED 9005...

Most interesting! I wish I could afford to try them out.

If anyone here buys them, please post a review.

ive seen those LED's and others just listed for DRLs, not for regular use at night, i dont think theyll be bright enough..............

Ya, I see no lumen rating. But they claim better night driving, blah blah.

They are at the price point where I would hate to find out they suck.

Those only look like 1 watt LED's, there's definitely not enough lumens there to be brighter that a halogen bulb. LEDs are and can be super bright but I wouldn't try to use them for headlights! I saw those today also and thought yeah right but if someone does buy them, I'd be interested in the output too!

I did some reading, there was a "break-through" in LED tech. Piranha LED is one version and these look like em.

So it is possible. One car comes to mind. I think these are considered DTR, but if you have ever seen an A4 even in the day you know these little lights are very bright.

112-0801-01z-2009-audi-a4-front-viewjpg.jpg

The ebay add says:

FOR SAFTY: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED USE FOR FOG LIGHT OR HIGH BEAM ONLY

The ebay add says:

FOR SAFTY: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED USE FOR FOG LIGHT OR HIGH BEAM ONLY

Sorry, that was my intent as I have HIDs. Thanks for pointing it out, I was not even thinking low beams.

From what I have been reading light output is reduced but not dramatically. These would not be for those whom frequently use high beams.

I would just like my high beams to match my HIDs. I may give these a try anyway, I dont do a lot of night driving with my high beams.

I also was thinking about sticking them in the highs but only after I switch back to HID's and that will be later in the summer

Sorry, that was my intent as I have HIDs. Thanks for pointing it out, I was not even thinking low beams.

From what I have been reading light output is reduced but not dramatically. These would not be for those whom frequently use high beams.

I would just like my high beams to match my HIDs. I may give these a try anyway, I dont do a lot of night driving with my high beams.

I don't feel like spending the money but I thought the same thing. The add says they are 6000K color temp. If you do decide to try them out you better post some day and nighttime pics

I'd be interested in putting them in my highs if they worked.... but I'd prolly switch to 4300k from 6k if I did that... who's rich on this site and should try them for us?

Sorry for not reading the entire thread but I have a set somewhere around the house and are not suitable for anything productive the lumens are too low.

Members online

No members online now.
Back