I have a Seville SLS. I got it in spring of 95.

vancando

LVC Member
Reaction score
It's been a pretty good car all around but, it's been sort of a pain also. This car has only almost 57,000 miles on it. One thing that sort of sucked I had problems with the cooling system it seems to be quite quirky. I'll post here more and tell you what is actually happening to the car.

99 Seville SLS

I'm going to try and update more whats going on with my car. Right, now its' in the garage for a starting problem. I had the starter and fuse box replaced under the hood parts and labor about $800 but, I still have a starting problem! They said they will get to the bottom of this and not charge me to fix it. Which, I hope they don't because of the money I already spent to fix it.

Starting problem fixed.

The garage did like they said and finally got my starting problem fixed after about $800. They kept their word and didn't charge me the next time it went into the garage. They said they had to replace the cables going off of the starter or starter assembly up to the fuse box and under the fuse box there are some pins? that hook up between the fuse box and cables seems to be ok now.

One, wierd thing though now there is a warning on my dash that says speed limited to 90 mph and I know my car goes faster than that because I have driven it faster. I was wondering whether that chip is in the fuse box or maybe they swapped my chip limiter at the garage?

SLS's depending on tires are limited to 112mph or 130mph. They would have to swapp out your computer or reprogramm it in order to change your limiter.

???

I knew about the tire thing but, I had it kick off at 118 mph twice. I just got it serviced and in the display it said limited to 90 mph so, I was wondering what the garage did? I don't think they swapped the computer that I know of so maybe they reprogrammed it? In a couple of days I'll see if it shuts off at 90 mph.

Here I found this link which explains the orientation of the problem. It explains that it is a warning caused by a problem with the stability control or suspension. Is your suspension turned off? Did they accidently bump or loosen a height/weight sensor? There may be a problem with your suspension, but its possible the garage didn't follow proper procedure if the car was on a lift. Generally with an air active or passive air/hydraulic suspension the system is supposed to be turned off or damage can occur. Its doubtful at a cadillac dealer, but we bought our 97 lincoln continental used at a pontiac dealer. They mentioned accidently lifting one and having the suspension vainly try and level itself and blew an air spring. So they told us to make sure and warn anyone working on the car. Now cadillacs are different than lincolns but the same type of problems can occur on any car with a similar system.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/36765-need-speed.html

Also I did have random error displays on my 97 continental as well turned out the battery wasn't fully charged. I threw it on a slow charge to fully charge it and warnings are gone. A quick charge may fill up the battery temporarily but often isn't actually fully charged.

Members online

No members online now.
Back